• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder...any good?

ssampier said:
Can you spoil us with the little details of the world? Good stuff, bad stuff, minable, and stealable?

Sadly, other than the goblins none of it stuck in my head, and I'm a thousand miles from my books right now. But I think you can download the player's guide for free at the Paizo site.

Garnfellow

Explorer
I keep meaning to dash off a review, but in short . . . it's excellent. Not perfect, but considering this was the shakedown cruise for the new line, it's very promising. I honestly wasn't sold completely on the Pathfinder concept, but after getting the first issue I'm ready to become a subscriber.

Really excellent mix of fluff, production values, and crunch. And probably the best use of OGC material by a major publisher yet -- this is the way open material was meant to be used.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
It reads quite well. As people have said, goblins are made both scary and funny. They're put to excellent uses for both comedy and menace.
There are some very well thought out sidebars sprinkled about to provide insight into the designers' brains. I particularly like the one that describes why they built an encounter area the way they did and how it highlights a relatively minor power of a class that rarely gets to use it in combat. Very nice.

I haven't played any of it at this point so I can't really address that.

Remove ads