• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder...any good?

Gundark

Explorer
I've looked over on the paizo site and the first pathfinder has gotten some pretty decent reviews. However most of the reviews DON'T speak of the adventure itself. So what is the adventrue like? Any who has it wish to comment?

Treebore

First Post
The basic premise is simple. Goblins are about. However, the characters, and role play situations added to it, NPC histories, NPC motivations, and history given for Sandpoint turn it into a richly textured adventure. Definitely above average for an advanture.

Pretty nice, all things considered. It feels like a lot of set-up, with a somewhat limited immediate pay-off, but that's to be expected in a module that's part 1 of 6.

Gundark

Explorer
Treebore said:
The basic premise is simple. Goblins are about. However, the characters, and role play situations added to it, NPC histories, NPC motivations, and history given for Sandpoint turn it into a richly textured adventure. Definitely above average for an advanture.

Well that sounds good, I'm just wondering what makes the adventure different play wise then say from any other adventure out there. Besides the extras what makes it unique?

Zurai

First Post
Gundark said:
Well that sounds good, I'm just wondering what makes the adventure different play wise then say from any other adventure out there. Besides the extras what makes it unique?

Uh... the extras ARE what make it unique.

That's like asking "Besides the toppings, what's different between a bacon cheeseburger and a normal hamburger"?

crazy_cat

Adventurer
Treebore said:
Hobo said:
Pretty nice, all things considered. It feels like a lot of set-up, with a somewhat limited immediate pay-off, but that's to be expected in a module that's part 1 of 6.
What they said - a good adventure on its own, but much more promising when you see it as part 1 of 6.

Treebore

First Post
Gundark said:

The plans and motivations of the NPC's pulling the strings.

Let me put it this way, its better than most of the Goodman DCC's I own. I am only speaking in terms of adventure quality, nothing with regards to production quality.

Gundark

Explorer
Zurai said:
Uh... the extras ARE what make it unique.

That's like asking "Besides the toppings, what's different between a bacon cheeseburger and a normal hamburger"?

Not really. If it's just the classic "rescue the damsel" adventure with pretty wrapping, then I'm not really interested.

If it's a unique plot (as unique as it can be at least), then I'm more inclined to wanna purchase it.

Remove ads