• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder 3: The Hook Mountain Massacre

frog

Explorer
I have just had a chance to skim this. In a few words...

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yuck!!! That's disgusting!!!

Skin crawlingly icky adventure. If your players don't have the heebie jeebie's after this thing I don't know what will give it to them.

Good adventure...just...eewwwwwwwwww.

And to think that they actually had to edit it down to this...

Ewwwwwwwww!!!

I have one or two players that will have nightmares for weeks over this thing.

Heh heh heh.

ObiAndy

First Post
I've read it too. And the one thing that stuck in my head.........

Welcome to the Laaaannnnnddddd of the Inbred!!

This should be scads of fun to run. Cue the dueling banjos!!

GlassJaw

Hero
I love this module! My favorite of the 3 so far. It's interesting because if you read James Jacobs' intro, it sounds like they actually removed stuff from the original submission. I want a director's cut!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Wow, the mind reels at what ogres could do that would be that icky. I'm tempted to pick this up, even though the ogres I plan on running soon are likely very different. Is there an ecology-style article about ogres in the issue?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
The phrase 'Ogrish hillibilly horror' says it all, folks. I haven't seen descriptions that horrible outside of Unspeakable Oath for years.

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Is there an ecology-style article about ogres in the issue?

No, but there is a Bestiary article with one of the related creatures that have a large roll in the adventure (Spoiler: Ogrekin), as well as loads of flavor throughout the adventure.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
RotR is broadband horror attack to see what kind of thing freaks your players out. No one can tell me that this is not great.

I enjoyed reading it, but I'm not sure it would play well with most of the folks I've gamed with. There's a thin line between horror and comedy, sometimes, and I think it'd end up the latter.

Overall, I'm very happy with the Pathfinder series, but I'm starting to worry if it's going to keep pushing the wierd boundary every month until it becomes sometihng I don't want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads