• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder #1: I have it. Spoilers.

Agamon

Adventurer
Darkwolf445 said:
I did not realize it until I read this thread, so...

...if you are subscribed to Pathfinder you should have this download sitting in your account section at Paizo.

D'oh

Iff you're American....

Wik

First Post
So, still poking through it. I hve to admit - I'm really bothered that I can't read the adventure! Damn me for wanting to play through this one!

I did use the Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide to make myself a goblin rogue PC that's actually pretty cool. Just finished him off - Cutter Soulless. Probably the weirdest rogue I've made in a while.

And I've been tossing around some quick calls, trying to get a group for this together. I think I'll be using the pathfinder campaign to introduce some friends of mine to RPGs that have been interested for the past coupla months.

The Bestiary seems really cool (I like the new stat blocks, even if I didn't look at them closely!). The attic undead thingy has some creepy art. Sandpoint devil is kind of neat, too.

And Giant Geckoes? Where have you been all my life!?

A quick question, though - if you were a player that had Burnt Offerings, what sections would be "safe" to read?

Agamon

Adventurer
Wik said:
Dude, I'm canadian, and I've got the download.

Sorry, that's what Vic wrote over at the Paizo boards the other day, so I assumed that's why I haven't gotten mine yet. Now I don't know why. Maybe it because I converted the remains of my Dragon mag sub to Pathfinder. Maybe it's because I've combined my Pathfinder and GameMastery subs for shipping (though it's set to favor Pathfinder). I dunno. Still no email though.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Treebore said:
I actually prefer the "fluff". In this context its because it helps me respond better to what the players do when I "know" the NPC's plans/motivations/personalities.

Its actually how I work up modules for my home game. I kind of write out all the important people and what they are up to, and what is going on, in their own "blocks" or "areas", and then I run the adventure from there, based on how the players respond to what they find out, or what happens because the players didn't find out something.

It helps create a much more dynamic environment for my games.
Heh! I do much the same, adding timelines for what those NPCs will get up to if the PCs don't interfere. :D

The Auld Grump, nice to know that there are others out there.

Soel

First Post
Treebore said:
Hmm, gotta go, my Amazon shipment of "City of Brass", "Thieve of Fortress Badabaskar", "Citadel of Fire", and "DCC 39: The Ruins of Castle Churo and DM Screen" have arrived.

Feel free to give us details/review DCC 39, if you will... :)

Kestrel

Explorer
Ran the first session of this last night. Went very well. The players loved the goblins. I had a little bit of a problem keeping the party in town, but they seemed to take it in stride.

Got as far as the glassworks encounter. Great fun.

One quote from the game:

Player: "So what did the longshanks leading the raid look like?"

Goblin: "Like the rest of you! Two knees holding up the rest of the meat!"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads