• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder #1: I have it. Spoilers.

Wik

First Post
I'm curious. I should have access to the PDF - got the e-mail saying it'll be charged to my credit card, all that jazz. How'd you access the PDF that comes with the print book?

Rauol_Duke

First Post
Wik said:
I'm curious. I should have access to the PDF - got the e-mail saying it'll be charged to my credit card, all that jazz. How'd you access the PDF that comes with the print book?

Login to paizo.com, go to your account and check the "My Downloads" section. If it's not there, then it probably hasn't shipped yet. When the issue ships, you'll get an email telling you it has as well as the link to get the PDF too.

Zurai

First Post
Check your account on the Paizo site. Your Location says you're in Canada though, and I'm not sure if they've shipped international orders yet - they said it'd take a few days because it requires a different fufillment process. You don't get access to the .pdfs until they actually physically ship it to you, because they don't charge your credit card until then (thanks to the rules the credit card companies hand down).

Davelozzi

Explorer
Wik said:

There's a link at the bottom of the email (the actual shipment email, not the one that says we'll be shipping in a week or so).

griff_goodbeard

First Post
Looks great so far! I'm not a big PDF fan, but I though it is a nice touch to provide a free PDF with subscription.

Curse that Goblin song though. I was singing it for weeks when they first posted it on the Pathfider blog, and now I know it's going to be stuck in my head again! But danm those goblin are cool! ;)

Well, imagine that. Neat feature -- already waiting for me.

But I'm waiting for the book to dig into it ... pdfs don't make me warm & fuzzy until I'm prepping for a game.

catsclaw227

First Post
I started reading through the PDF last night, but after my long day working, I couldn't focus. So I will tackle it again tonight -- I still have City of Brass to peruse as well. :uhoh:

From what I read, I am really enjoying the fluff part (easier to take into 4e that way), and I like the bestiary section as well.

James Jacobs

Adventurer
First of all, thanks for all the kind words, everyone!

As for the flavor vs. crunch issue... for the most part, the mix you see in Pathfinder #1 is about what we're aiming for. The adventures themselves will generally introduce a few magic items and feats and spells and stuff now and then, and you can expect to see more (including the very occasional prestige class) appearing in the non-adventure stuff in the second half of the book. And there's ALWAYS going to be at least six new monsters. Sometimes more. For the most part, though, the crunch is going to be included as the adventure requires.

Of course, if we hear from our readers that they want more crunch, we'll up the crunch. But for now, with 4th edition on the horizon, flavor is the rule.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads