• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo - Module Open Call - Are You Submitting?

FunkBGR

Explorer
Hellz yeah I submitted - can't "win" if you don't try!

When I think of Paizo, that song from Karate Kid starts playing, "You're the best - around - Nothing's ever gonna keep you down". Erik Mona, James Jacobs, Jason Buhlman and the rest of their crew start flipping out, throwing dice around and killing monsters, getting treasure and doing it in cool ways, in a combination of fantasy and real-life blending together. I think it'd be awesome to break-in to that crowd.

(Okay, maybe that's a bit exaggerated. But the GameMastery module blurb was fun to brainstorm for. I think it's a great idea doing an Open Call, since they don't have the magazines anymore to use as a vehicle to discover new talent. Hopefully they'll do it again!)

Good luck to everyone who submitted!

I submitted an idea. I think perhaps my adventure might be a little short compared to the large number of encounters they sound like they're expecting.

Stormborn

Explorer
I did. And I don't consider a 1 in 15 chance to make the next cut that bad. 22,000 words by the end of the year is a bit overwhelming but doable. Also I entered with the idea that this was my chance to once again come to the attention of the powers-that-be at Paizo (I have had two Dragon articles, both of which made it in part into the Dragon Compednium) and so even if I am not chosen for this project I might be in mind for something else.

Basically it never hurts to put you best foot forward into the door, or some other mixed metaphor. If I get it I will just burn that bridge when I get to it.

Shroomy

Adventurer
I found about the Open Call late, had computer problems (if waiting for Dell to ship my new laptop counts as a problem), and I didn't think I could accommodate the short timeframe with all the other stuff going on right now. I did come up with what I thought was a good idea, but I may have to repurpose that for later.

delericho

Legend
I was going to, but honestly I doubt I could have found the time to write the module by the end of the year (which makes submitting pointless).

And then I got distracted by something shiny and forgot all about it.

Festivus

First Post
diaglo said:
if they wanted an OD&D(1974) version i might have considered it.

I don't know why I want to say this, but I do believe that Robert Kuntz's Maure Castle and the follow up adventures were all 1E and converted. Of course he has a better D&D pedegree than most :)

diaglo

Adventurer
Festivus said:
I don't know why I want to say this, but I do believe that Robert Kuntz's Maure Castle and the follow up adventures were all 1E and converted. Of course he has a better D&D pedegree than most :)
well 1edADnD ain't OD&D(1974) but it is close.

MatthewJHanson said:
I entered. I'm substitute teaching right now, so if need be I can just decide not to work in December.

I really hope substitute teaching pays more in a month than the suspected $1100 this adventure would be worth.

Me, my time-saving trick is to ignore my friends and family over the holidays, spurning Christmas shopping in favor of the glorious joy that is crafting 3rd edition stat blocks.

Remove ads