• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Paizo - Module Open Call - Are You Submitting?

Hello Everyone,

It looks like Paizo are looking for submissions for their forthcoming module W3: Flight of the Red Raven. You can find information here: http://paizo.com/paizo/blog

I've always thought of trying to submit something but have never tried before. This looks like a good opportunity. Anyone else thinking of submitting something?

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Sort of, but I also know this is a LOT of work, and I have a kid, a regular job (that also includes a lot of writing) and a tough grad school application to do before the end of the year. I also have lost my mind and intend to participate in NaNoWriMo this year.

So ... maybe. :p

The title and the submission guidelines have definitely gotten my creative juices flowing. I particularly like the place and McGuffin names in that regard.

FunkBGR

Explorer
I am.

So is Crazy Eights. Whether I actually submit what I come up with is a different matter, but we're both bouncin' ideas off one another and really grinding out ideas. Even if they don't get accepted, we'll still have tons of awesomesauce made for ourselves.

Anybody else?

Last edited:

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Just out of curiosity, who did end up submitting to the GameMastery open call anyway? I didn't, but the Paizo blog said lots of people did.

Crazy Eights

Explorer
I did, and I know a couple of friends of mine did as well. I heard 167 people submitted, but that 17 were disqualified due to length, being submitted late, or other issues. So, if you DID submit, you've actually got a decent chance of getting into the first round of picks. Good luck to all who took the leap and sent something in!

~CE

freyar said:
Just out of curiosity, who did end up submitting to the GameMastery open call anyway? I didn't, but the Paizo blog said lots of people did.
I ended up sending something through so we'll see how that goes. Making the final ten out of 150 (168) is obviously a tough ask given the high number of Dragon/Dungeon contributors entering. Whatever the case, I imagine the final product will be something special.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Pinotage

Explorer
Wow! I'm actually surprised there were so few entries. I thought there would be loads of people jumping at the opportunity to write an adventure for Paizo. Good luck to everybody who entered!

Pinotage

Pinotage said:
Wow! I'm actually surprised there were so few entries. I thought there would be loads of people jumping at the opportunity to write an adventure for Paizo. Good luck to everybody who entered!

Pinotage
I think there were two possible factors here of interest. Firstly that the time between the low-key announcement and cut-off was pretty short. Secondly, that the deadline for the final 22,000 word manuscript is the end of the year. All in all, the process has been pretty interesting to follow. Apparently Paizo are planning to do the same thing next year.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Rechan

Adventurer
I submitted one. Granted, I sort've came in late to the announcement (like a few days), and decided to just whip something up real quick. It wasn't The First idea that came to mind, but I went with the "What the hell, why not?" attitude, rather than the "IT MUST BE POLISHED GOLD" option.

diaglo

Adventurer
Pinotage said:

Pinotage
if they wanted an OD&D(1974) version i might have considered it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads