• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Sauron vs Vader...

Falcon

First Post
Even without the Ring, Sauron was immensely powerful. The White Council were very concerned about the Necromancer, who Gandalf discovered to be Sauron taking form again, and this was without the Ring. When Sauron was weak, he used poltical guile, cunning and cruelty, and he still had the Nine...

As for POOF!! there goes Middle-Earth, Sauron was not from Middle-Earth. He hardly exists in the physical realm and took whatever form suited his purposes, until the taking of the Ring, then he chose a form of terror to replace one of beauty, guile, and cunning.

Sauron exists as part of the realm that Vader seeks to manipulate, and there was only was one to destroy Sauron--destroy the One Ring, in which he had poured most of his ancient power. And there was only one way to destroy the Ring.

Sauron wouldn't kill Vader; he'd seduce, cajole, and deceive him, as did the Emperor.

Feh. Vader vs. Sauron? It doesn't matter who'd win. Droopy would whup up on both of them.

You know how it would go. They'd start being all menacing and threatening, and then Droopy would say, "You know what? That makes me mad." Then he would grab them by the feet and slam them around the room until they were delirious.

:D :D :D :D :D

Posted by Miscrum:

If there was a LOTR D20, we could easily compare the stats of the D20 Darth Vader and Sauron...

Well, Vader is officially 19th level character, while Sauron I put avove 20th Hit Dice- at least equivalent to a Solar, possibly a weak Demigod.

PenguinKing

First Post
shilsen said:
Aeron Aoibhell, from Patricia Kennealy's Keltiad series ("The Copper Crown" or "The Silver Branch" is the novel's name). Now there was a lady who would take both Vader and Sauron when in a bad mood.
Mary Sues don't count. ;)

- Sir Bob.

Squire James

First Post
If it came to a fight, Sauron would crush Vader like a bug, unless Vader has a potent case of Isildur Luck. Generally, only Good Guys are allowed to have that much luck (and when Boy Wonder turns evil, his luck probably drains away in short order if it didn't do so already).

If they actually met, however, I imagine we'd have something like how the Emperor seduced Vader to the Dark Side, only Sauron would do it instead. He might even convince Vader to put a Ring on... the similarities between Vader and the Witch-King are striking!

So if you want a "fair fight", have Vader and the Witch-King duke it out. That one I'd call Vader 3 to 1, since all that "immaculate conception" crapola probably gets around the "not to be killed by the hand of mortal Man" prophecy.

LostSoul

Adventurer
Well, Vader is the Dark Side's bitch... so maybe he would be forced to follow Sauron. (Considering magic in Middle-Earth = the Force.) If Vader's stronger in the Dark Side than Sauron, the opposite would happen.

I guess it comes down to who's more Eeeeeeevil.

Turlogh

Explorer
Sauron: Join me Anakin.
Vader: No I'll never join you!
Sauron: But I'm your Father. Its your destiny to rule Middle Earth by my side.
Vader: No... No! Its not true, I don't have even have a Father!
Sauron: Your really didn't believe that "immaculate conception" tripe that trollop of a mother told you did you?
Vader: No it can't be... nooooooooo! I'll never join you... hey wait a minute the emperor is dead and I'm unemployed. What the hell where do we start, Dad?

Methinkus

First Post
huh?

Vader is a rip off of Sauron? Im not seeing this. Maybe im just not well versed enough in the genres i so enjoy, but could someone explain to me how they are so alike?

Darklone

VADER!

Squire James said:
If it came to a fight, Sauron would crush Vader like a bug, unless Vader has a potent case of Isildur Luck. Generally, only Good Guys are allowed to have that much luck (and when Boy Wonder turns evil, his luck probably drains away in short order if it didn't do so already).

No, no, no! Vader does not need luck, he's got the coolness factor that makes him unbeatable. Luke killed his coolness factor with his whining about daddy, that's why he was able to win. Sauron would not stand a chance. Vader would not need Isildur luck, he'd do it with a cool grab.

So if you want a "fair fight", have Vader and the Witch-King duke it out. That one I'd call Vader 3 to 1, since all that "immaculate conception" crapola probably gets around the "not to be killed by the hand of mortal Man" prophecy.

Mortal man? Vader could be considered as dead man. Would sound nice for a prophecy!

As for the emperor seducing Vader: Sure he did. But he did not succeed in the end, VADER killed the emperor. Something noone else would have accomplished. Sauron would suffer the same fate.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads