• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OT] Latest Episode of Angel (SPOILERS)

Staffan

Legend
Florin said:
Okay, assuming that Gru = Conner, that would mean that Gru was raised by Holtz. Why would he look up to Angel?
Who knows what happened to Conner after he popped into the HellWorld? For all we know, he might very well have been separated from Holtz at a very early stage.

A2Z

Explorer
I think we're forgetting the episode that Gru was introduced in. When he taalked to Cordy for the first time, didn't he mention how he had been born in that dimension (the Host's dimension) and that he was tied to a prophecy there because he looked different. Doesn't that sort if imply that he's native to that world, and thus he couldn't be Conner.

coyote6

Adventurer
I'm doubtful of the Groo==Connor theory, myself, though I'm not entirely sure why.

But what Groo has said about his past doesn't necessarily mean he can't be Angel's son -- not many people remember that early in their childhood, and lying to abandoned-kids-with-a-heroic-destiny is a very well established tradition (from the "Prince of Egypt" to "Vader killed your father"). :)

A friend of mine had a theory about the attempted murder. She recalled that Wesley had a couple of brief hallucinations/fantasies about Angel killing Connor. She proposed that maybe Angel's attack on Wes was another of those delusions, incited by guilt & self-hatred. I'm not sure I buy it, but it's an interesting theory. Guess we'll find out in 4 days. :)

Seaver

First Post
Why did Angel start smothering Wesley with a pillow?

Well because it's a TV show and when you want to kill someone who's laying in a hospital bed in a TV show you use a pillow of course.

It was either that or inject some suspicious fluid into his IV drip. There are certain traditions to follow you know. :)

If we want to analyze this as if it were reality though, the screaming and shouting were probably along the lines of when someone says, "If he/ she does that ever again, I'll kill them."

They don't really plan on killing the person...they're just really cheezed off and need to vent.

I mean if one of my friends endangered one of my loved ones in some misguided attempt to keep them safe from me, whom they know and certainly should trust to never hurt someone I care for no matter what, well yeah first thing I'd do is haul off and break their nose and then proceed to tell them very loudly what an idiot they are while using as many expletives as possible.

If it were reality I wouldn't blame Angel at all.

I'd also want to lecture all of them on the need to communicate about what the hell they did/learned that day so this type of stuff didn't happen. But as my wife tends to have to remind me oh so patiently while I'm screaming at the TV, "Honey, that would make too much sense and if they actually did that it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining."

Welverin

First Post
Seaver said:
Why did Angel start smothering Wesley with a pillow?

<<snip>>

But as my wife tends to have to remind me oh so patiently while I'm screaming at the TV, "Honey, that would make too much sense and if they actually did that it wouldn't be nearly as entertaining."

The wife makes a good point and as I always say "if it makes sense it can't be done."

The other thing to keep in mind about the whole pillow thing is if the people behind the show really wanted Wesley dead he would have died from blood lose after lying in a park all night with a slit neck.

ToddSchumacher

I like to draw!
WHy smother him with a pillow?

Because snapping his neck would be too quick a death?

And he wanted him to have a painful, long, death?

Or at least long enough to tell Wesley how much he really hated him.

Beacuse the pillow was handy?

on that note, I was wathching that scene again and I noticed someting odd. When Angel pulled the pillow from under wesley's head there was just matress under it. but when you see him smothering Wes with it *poof* there is another pillow beneith his head. On the shot of wesley as Angel screams bloody murder (still carrying the original pillow) he has the pillow under his head.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads