• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #746

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've read references to such in old Larry Niven stories (the Pierson's Puppeteer apparently owes much of its looks to them), but never seen the original - I always assumed it was a reference to some American kids' TV show. I suspect this is a cultural gap as much as a generational one.

I was shooting in the dark, I've got no idea whether there was an original either, but the oblique reference in the Larry Niven story was the only thing which came to mind!

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
I immediately recognized Oliver J. Dragon.

I made 47 in May.

Yeah, I recognized him right away too. I watched the run from the early 1970s. I'm certainly NOT old enough to remember the original series since that was from 1947. I may be turning 42 at the end of the year, but I'm not that old.

fba827

Adventurer
randomly curious -- the last panel made me wonder -- did Rich (the comic's creator) just have his first grandchild or something? (though i don't know if he even has children or if he already has grand children, etc etc.) ... the comic just got me wondering if it was a way to mention he just became a grandfather ...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads