• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #417 is up!

Endur

First Post
Redcloak's strategy is to use massed siege engines to knock down the walls, then storm through a gap with massed hobgoblins.

Whoever is unlucky enough to be standing on the wall that Redcloak targets is almost certainly going to be killed (either by the hurled boulders or the hobgoblins breaking through the gap) unless they are a super-heroic character (similar to Legolas sliding down the wall at Helm's Deep).

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Endur said:
Redcloak's strategy is to use massed siege engines to knock down the walls, then storm through a gap with massed hobgoblins.
That was his orriginal strategy he brought to Xycon. Xycon suggested a different strategy, Redcload got sarcastic about a bullseye, then got another idea. We don't know what that plan is.

Also, any plann with "massed" in it twice just screams, "please kill us all at once Mr(s) Elf wizard please!" to me.

I wonder if the incredible usefulness of a Bard in this sort of "massive low level army" encounter will come up. I can just see Hinjo talking about how most of the Order should give fast moving support as they see fit but the turning of the battle may come from the importance of... Elan. (insert V and Roy looking stunned here.)

Kahuna Burger said:
I can just see Hinjo talking about how most of the Order should give fast moving support as they see fit but the turning of the battle may come from the importance of... Elan. (insert V and Roy looking stunned here.)

♫ Kill ♪ Kill ♫ Kill ♪ Kill the dumb hobgoblins!

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
♫ Kill ♪ Kill ♫ Kill ♪ Kill the dumb hobgoblins!
whatever it takes - elan might be up to +2 to attack and damage, can give it to everyone who hears him (need a spell to increase the range of his voice) and can literally do it all day long. He can effectively be dealing 100s of HP a round for an hour to the enemy army.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Personally, I'm worried about the zombies. We know Azure City is a port of some kind based on the fact that there has been talk about using ships to leave the city. If they're a seaport, Redcloak could just send the zombies to do a "Pirates of the Carribean" style walk along the seafloor to get into the city via the port (which may or may not have underwater defenses).

Oh, and I'll love it if Elan turns out to be the deciding factor!

Remove ads