• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] - Discussion for Kingmaker game

renau1g

First Post
Ok, so just to give a bit of OOC information to the group. There's little more to be gained from poor Hiccup. His knowledge is very limited, especially being the newest recruit. Happs may know more, now that you have a better idea what to ask. There will also be a few more opportunities when you arrive back at Oleg's as well so you can choose what to do. (Go Sandbox!). I need to update the OP site soon and will have this information there.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I've a few questions about my future here.

1) What are the sum total changes going on? I understand we're losing someone as well. What's that leave us with in terms of party composition?

2) Ezmerelda's leaving is easy...if she gets tired of this, or just misses the sea, she could easily just decide to take off. She's free spirited that way.

3) What are the larger ramifications of this? Does Ezmerelda still exist in the Living Enworld game system? Does my new character have to be approved before I can rejoin? Am I even allowed to have another character?

renau1g

First Post
1. Mowgli's leaving. With Ruarc and Scorpius gone from the original group, that leaves:
- Mari Champanel, Human Shaman (Scotley)
- Elurín, Half-Elf Druid (HandofMystra)
- Faustus, Tiefling Avenger (Leif)

So 1 leader, 1 striker, 1 controller.

2. Ok. That makes sense.

3. There are 2 options for you with this. 1 - Ezmerelda can be retired and a replacement level 2 PC can be made in her place (with minimum xp for the level instead of your current total). She could be made available as an NPC for the DM's if you choose. The new character could join, but would need to be approved before she can earn xp (i.e. before the next time its awarded). The other option would be for Ezmerelda to leave the adventure and you can make a new PC at level 1 (I believe you qualify for 2 PC's). Ezmerelda can enter the tavern and go on another adventure with a different group, perhaps one more suited to her nautical, swashbuckling nature. The new level 1 PC can join up as part of the replacement forces.

I think I will ask both JoeNotCharles and FourMonos if they'd like to join. That would add 1 warden (lvl 3) and one barbarian (lvl 1). The group would then have 1 defender, 2 strikers, 1 controller, and 1 leader, so whatever you'd like to play should fit very well into the group (i.e. door's wide open for you).

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Shayuri

First Post
Renau that helps a great deal, thanks!

My main consideration when thinking of characters for this game is that the character be one who actually is interested in gaining land/title/control/etc. The big problem with Ez is that she is a free spirit...the most she'd want is a ship or something to go around in and see different places. Control over an area of land is something she'd see as a tether...demanding her time and effort to maintain, while giving back nothing of value to her.

So I'd like to bring in a character with a bit more to gain from having territory. Offhand, I'm thinking perhaps a wizard...either a classic Wizard, or perhaps one of the Mage varieties from Essentials. Every mage wants a tower in some remote area where they can summon arcane monstrosities in peace, after all. And such a character could help the druid with control, or perhaps lean towards striking as a secondary.

My question is...how does a wizard arrive here now? How do I encounter and join the existing group? Just trying to get the brainstorming going, as it were.

Leif

Adventurer
Suggestion for Shayuri?

Perhaps your wizard was trying to clear enough territory on his/her own, but now has decided that it would make more sense to work with a group?

Leif

Adventurer
I think there exists the possibility of a quality joke there about wizards and radishes. It continues to elude me, however.

renau1g

First Post
Hehe, yes wizard stew with the radishes would be delicious, although then we have an even larger question of why a wizard would go so deep on his/her own into a known dangerous land. An option is that word has gotten round in Brevoy that the Swordlords are finally making a serious attempt to cow the bandits controlling the Stolen Lands. There's a substantial gold reward offered, which may pique interest, there's fame to be gained, and with fame/power/influence perhaps the chance for land and title.

So if you came from Restov (or another city in Brevoy), you may have seen the Swordlords poster looking for people to help. If you took up said offer you could have traveled with a supply shipment heading to Oleg's Trading Post, a jumping off point for exploration of the region. You could await there until they arrive (which I could DM fiat happen with Ruarc suffering a debilitating sickness/injury that needs longer term care, Sorry Mowgli ;)). The other way could be that you have you're taken prisoner by one of the various groups here, either the kobolds, the bandits or "other" which you will encounter potentially soon-ish...

HandofMystra

First Post
Hehe, yes wizard stew with the radishes would be delicious, although then we have an even larger question of why a wizard would go so deep on his/her own into a known dangerous land.
How about a teleport ritual gone awry? Perhaps the apprentice (remember we are low level) wizard's master was supposedly sending him somewhere else, but sensed the great potential power in her apprentice and took the opportunity to send him far away into the Stolen Lands so as not to be a threat. Powerful people have been preemptive about potential threats since before Laius ordered the execution of Oedipus.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads