D&D General OAR 7: Dark Tower

My copy of Dark Tower was waiting when I got back from Gary Con. It's pretty glorious, and a fitting tribute to Jennell Jaquays. However, and I understand how it happened with print schedules and whatnot, but giving the recent conversations about it, it is grating to see Justin Alexander's "Jaquaying the Dungeon" essay in it.

There's such a plentitude of material in it, that I can easily run a whole D&D or DCC campaign using it. And I plan on doing so.

Probably you are thinking about Mirage Arcane

View attachment 354332

As an aside, Unearthed Arcana's interior art needs more love. While not as iconic as the works in the PHB and DMG, it's got some great ones. Like the simple but psychedelically effective one for Phantasmagoria:

1711727562708.png

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
No, but they've only just now finished fulfillment on Dark Tower, which was a ton of work, as the set is huge and included 10 zillion add-ons.
For sure, it is a huge project. Shipment to EU backers actually has yet to begin. I wasn't alarmed that OAR 9 isn't being actively talked about. Just wondering if some hint had been dropped somewhere.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For sure, it is a huge project. Shipment to EU backers actually has yet to begin. I wasn't alarmed that OAR 9 isn't being actively talked about. Just wondering if some hint had been dropped somewhere.
I would be surprised if they dropped it. They seem to have been genuine friends with Jennell and I have to imagine her widow would appreciate the revenue a new Caverns of Thracia would bring in.

Riley

Legend
I have to imagine her widow would appreciate the revenue a new Caverns of Thracia would bring in.

I’m not sure that’s true? If I understood Jennell’s and Goodman’s Games’ comments on the subject correctly, Judges Guild owned Dark Tower outright, and Goodman bought those rights from Judges Guild.

I hope/trust Goodman worked out something with Jennell, but I don’t know if they had to?

But that’s a question, not a statement of fact. I am definitely not a lawyer, nor am I a publishing expert.

Remove ads