• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Monster BAB Calculations?

Weiley31

Legend
Okay: I get how Monsters and multiple attacks work(ish). I get what a Standard and a Full Attack Round does.
My question is this though, when determing the BAB of say an Abberation, it uses a 3/4th progression cuz It's D8. So would a Colossal Abberation, that has a 19D8 Hit Die, use the BAB Calculation of a 19th level Cleric? So its BAB would be +14/+9/+4 I assume?

And another secondary question, if it had a Range attack that was a +11 Name Pending, The Range attack roll, on a Standard Attack, would be D20+14(Highest BAB)+Dex Modifier+11+Plus Size or whatever else bonuses there would be?

I'm just trying to make sure I'm reading it all right as I'm trying to learn this properly.

Last edited:

kenada

Legend
Supporter
My question is this though, when determing the BAB of say an Abberation, it uses a 3/4th progression cuz It's D8. So would a Colossal Abberation, that has a 19D8 Hit Die, use the BAB Calculation of a 19th level Cleric? So its BAB would be +14/+9/+4 I assume?
That’s correct. Per the creature statistics by type table, the BAB is based on the number of Hit Dice.

And another secondary question, if it had a Range attack that was a +11 Name Pending, The Range attack roll, on a Standard Attack, would be D20+14(Highest BAB)+Dex Modifier+11+Plus Size or whatever else bonuses there would be?
What is the +11? Is it a magical bonus or some other bonus? Otherwise, I assume it is the final result (of BAB + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + other modifiers).

Weiley31

Legend
That’s correct. Per the creature statistics by type table, the BAB is based on the number of Hit Dice.

What is the +11? Is it a magical bonus or some other bonus? Otherwise, I assume it is the final result (of BAB + Dexterity modifier + size modifier + other modifiers).
Yeah that +11 was what I was confused about. I didn't know if it was an enhancement bonus that also added to the damage and the roll or what not.

Last night I was able to work out the BAB calculation of a Ragewalker since it's a 22HD Fey and Fey use the BAB progression of a Wizard since they are D6.

One thing I have to keep in mind is feats like Weapon Focus.

Remove ads