D&D 4E 4e-like game (title TBD)

Thanks for the expressions of sympathy! Fortunately, my work is back on down-cycle in terms of weekly hours - except for a bit of prep work for next year's Festival (the equivalent of a few hours a month), I'm down to checking email once or twice a day and having a meeting once a month or so from now until, effectively, the end of November. So there's plenty of time to get this project back on track.

Thanks to an older set of draft rules I've found in cloud storage, I've been able to start reconstructing the rules of play. Over just the past two days I have reconstructed:
  • An introduction.
  • A chapter of basic rules.
  • A chapter detailing how ability scores and skills work (with skill descriptions pending).
  • A chapter detailing how powers and choosing targets work.
I'm just about to start working on reconstructing the combat and encounters rules.

I'm also thinking I should probably get rules and content online as soon as possible to avoid any future beverage incidents causing the same kind of setback. I don't want to spend too much time on a fancy website, so maybe just GitHub or something like that for now?

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Thanks to an older set of draft rules I've found in cloud storage, I've been able to start reconstructing the rules of play. Over just the past two days I have reconstructed:
  • An introduction.
  • A chapter of basic rules.
  • A chapter detailing how ability scores and skills work (with skill descriptions pending).
  • A chapter detailing how powers and choosing targets work.
I'm just about to start working on reconstructing the combat and encounters rules.

I'm also thinking I should probably get rules and content online as soon as possible to avoid any future beverage incidents causing the same kind of setback. I don't want to spend too much time on a fancy website, so maybe just GitHub or something like that for now?
Github yes

Or you can do what the cool kids do these days and start a patreon

Edited to add: or a Substack type thing

Nakana

Villager
I’d actually cast a vote for your own website, but I get all the reasons why not.

Seems like itch.io would suit your needs better than GitHub, but that’s just my opinion.

Sanglorian

Adventurer
I found GitHub Pages a really easy way to publish content in different formats (spreadsheets, HTML, PDFs, etc). Orcus involved a very iterative process where I was changing the spreadsheets, building the Markdown files from the spreadsheets and then changing the PDFs to reflect the Markdown changes - and that was all easy via GitHub.

But that entirely depends on how you're planning to release content and what your workflow involves, of course!

Remove ads