• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for an extra Move Action

Mordane76

First Post
I'm trying to find something - a feat, a piece of equipment, or a class ability - that allows a character an extra move action each round. This object or ability should preferably be within the scope of WotC books, but I'd even take options from other 3rd party books. Anyone know of something that can do this?

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mordane76 said:
I'm trying to find something - a feat, a piece of equipment, or a class ability - that allows a character an extra move action each round.

Each round?

The psionic power Hustle grants a move action. I think there's something in Book of Nine Swords that allows you to grant someone else a move action, but I don't have the book so I don't know the details. Shapechanging into a Choker gives you Quickness (Su), for an extra standard action each round.

-Hyp.

Mordane76

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Each round?

The psionic power Hustle grants a move action. I think there's something in Book of Nine Swords that allows you to grant someone else a move action, but I don't have the book so I don't know the details. Shapechanging into a Choker gives you Quickness (Su), for an extra standard action each round.

-Hyp.

Each round would be nice, but even a limited number of extra move actions per day would be useful.

Looking at Hustle, I could potentially make a universal item - Egoist 3 x Caster Level 5 x 2000 gp x 4 (duration measured in rounds) = 120k. The item would continuously allow me an extra move action in every round, if I did the math correctly.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Mordane76 said:
Looking at Hustle, I could potentially make a universal item - Egoist 3 x Caster Level 5 x 2000 gp x 4 (duration measured in rounds) = 120k. The item would continuously allow me an extra move action in every round, if I did the math correctly.

You missed the step where the DM compares the formula price to existing items, and says "Sod off!"

-Hyp.

Mordane76

First Post
I am the DM, so I'm taking that into consideration already. This isn't for a player - it's for an NPC, but that does mean it could fall into the hands of a player, so I'm carefully weighing my options. I have a character whom I would like to have access to an extra move action every round (either all the time or a useful number of rounds per day), and I have about a million gp worth of cash left to spend on this character.

I was looking at psionic tattoos as well, which have a caveat in them stating that if a power has a range of personal (which Hustle does), the tattoo costs double what it should. At 240k, it doesn't seem as unreasonable.

EyeontheMountain

First Post
Heroic Surge, a feat from The Wheel of Time sourcebook, and reprinted in some Modern book, allows an extra standard or move action once a day per 4 levels. I would balance it by making it a move action or a standard action that cannot be used for spellcasting.

No requirements to take it.

hong

WotC's bitch
The Book of 9 Swords ability is Quicksilver Motion, in the Diamond Mind discipline: spend a swift action to get an extra move action for the round. Like all Bo9S maneuvers, it's generally usable only 1/encounter (although you can recharge).

I might just say that I had a rather messy extended orgasm on reading the Bo9S. It's like having all my kung fu schticks collected into one place and given a nice hardcover. Three thumbs up!

Remove ads