• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for an extra Move Action

hanniball

First Post
Tjeck out the Celerity line of spells from PHb II. They're, potentially, higher level than you may be interested in, but options for additional actions nonetheless.

Either way...just my 2 cp

starwed

First Post
You could have it be a graft of some kind; that way, there's a good explanation for how he's getting extra actions, and it leaves the possibility for the PCs to gain the ability while making sure it's not easy to do so.

It works better than having a super expensive item the PCs can grab, at least... ^_^

ElectricDragon

Explorer
The Zerth Cenobite from Complete Psionic allows an extra move action 1/day as an ability at 1st level. At 5th level this improves to an extra standard action 1/day and finally at 10th level it improves again to an extra full round action (or a standard and a move) 1/day.

Ciao
Dave

bigdamnnerd

Explorer
Mordane76 said:
Looking at Hustle, I could potentially make a universal item - Egoist 3 x Caster Level 5 x 2000 gp x 4 (duration measured in rounds) = 120k. The item would continuously allow me an extra move action in every round, if I did the math correctly.

My rule of thumb in these situations is to use a multiplier of x8 for single-round spells. That makes the above item 240k, which makes it an epic magic item, and in turn multiplies it by 10.

2.4 million gold pieces for an extra move action every round seems fine to me (and 34,000 XP if I'm reading the Epic SRD right).

Someone

Adventurer
A horse, or a dog if the NPC is Small. They do not grant move actions, but the mount can move while the rider performs other actions.

Also Time acceleration (psionics) or Time stop grant more actions.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Darklone said:
Uhm, Scouts with extra move action... Yihaa!

Or flurrying Monks.
Or TWF Rangers.
Or Whirlwind Attack using Barbarians.
Or Coup-de Grace-happy Rogues.
And countless others.

I like the AE feat the best, personally. I think extra move action abilities are sorely lacking in D&D. Sure, there's the Marshall, but that's basically trading a standard for someone else's extra move.

I convinced my current DM to alter the Haste spell so that it actually mirrors Slow. Because, what does Slow do, in essence? Sure, it reduces you to a single standard action, but that's effectively caused by taking a away a move action. So, the best way to represent Haste is to add a move action! so far, my Ranger's off to a beautiful friendship with the party caster. :) \houserules

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads