Locate Creature (and other spell questions)

Nail

First Post
Vorput said:
Meh, then next time don't put an insanely powerful magical artifact where we can easily find it at 2nd level :p
Words to live by, Mr. DM, sir. :lol:

Seriously, if there is a prepared 9th level+ NPC diviner looking for a 2nd level PC, the PC is as good as found.

Apexwolf319

Explorer
So does the water spell blocking powers go all the way up through the sky. What if a creature is flying 800 feet in the air and is only 2 feet on the other side of the 10 foot river? Can it not detect them because of the power of water? I have always found that limitations to be idiotic.

So does the water spell blocking powers go all the way up through the sky. What if a creature is flying 800 feet in the air and is only 2 feet on the other side of the 10 foot river? Can it not detect them because of the power of water? I have always found that limitations to be idiotic.
I think that comes from mystical attribution of natural phenomena around large rivers, particularly weather.

I have seen a low altitude storm "bounce" off a river. The thermal updraft caused the storm to stay on one side and spread out laterally, ultimately following the river rather than crossing it. It's not that the wind changed direction but that the environmental conditions required for the storm didn't exist over the river so the storm "disintingrates" over the river.

This doesn't happen all the time but there is good correlation to "running water" myths.

Remove ads