• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Blog (A5E) LINK FOR BUG REPORTS

getquarked

Explorer
Hey just wanted to check, is the "ROB" Journey activity incorrect? it reads as follows: The adventurer gains 1d8 silver per week of travel. When this journey activity is done in fewer than 7 days, the adventurer instead gains half as much gold (minimum 1 gold)... Im assuming that the "Silver" is supposed to be "gold",since if i did this for one day I get one gold, but if I did it for 7 days I get... 1d8 silver, which is less than 1 gold

**note this has been solved, and fixed in the new T&T okay thank you

Last edited:

wheelercub

Explorer
Under Bard Art Specialty...

Visual (Calligraphy, Dance, Light Manipulation, Shapes). There are many ways to undertake a visual performance whether through illustration, illusion magic, or legerdemain. When using this art as a spell focus, whenever you cast a bard spell you may choose to make an ally able to see you the point of origin of that spell. You must be able to see any targets of the spell.

Also, I'm not really certain what that is supposed to mean or what the benefit of it is? Are you suggesting that whenever you cast a spell with a Visual focus, you can make yourself appear at the point of origin of the spell? For example, cast at 30 feet, an illusion of yourself appears there that only your allies can see? Please reword and explain.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Under Bard Art Specialty...

Visual (Calligraphy, Dance, Light Manipulation, Shapes). There are many ways to undertake a visual performance whether through illustration, illusion magic, or legerdemain. When using this art as a spell focus, whenever you cast a bard spell you may choose to make an ally able to see you the point of origin of that spell. You must be able to see any targets of the spell.

Also, I'm not really certain what that is supposed to mean or what the benefit of it is? Are you suggesting that whenever you cast a spell with a Visual focus, you can make yourself appear at the point of origin of the spell? For example, cast at 30 feet, an illusion of yourself appears there that only your allies can see? Please reword and explain.
if you can see bob & he can see you but bob is in a position that would make some badguys you can both see a valid target despite not being good/valid for you in your current location. Take a pbaoe like thunderclap or a cone/ray spell like cone of cold/lightning bolt. You can cast those spells from bob. At least I think that's what it does

* The spells are just well known ones I didn't even check if they are bard spells or if they have a5e versions.

wheelercub

Explorer
if you can see bob & he can see you but bob is in a position that would make some badguys you can both see a valid target despite not being good/valid for you in your current location. Take a pbaoe like thunderclap or a cone/ray spell like cone of cold/lightning bolt. You can cast those spells from bob. At least I think that's what it does

* The spells are just well known ones I didn't even check if they are bard spells or if they have a5e versions.
Thanks - so a clearer way of writing that would be...

Visual (Calligraphy, Dance, Light Manipulation, Shapes). There are many ways to undertake a visual performance whether through illustration, illusion magic, or legerdemain. When using this art as a spell focus, whenever you cast a bard spell you may choose to make an ally the point of origin for your spell. You must be able to see both the ally and any targets of the spell.

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
Thanks - so a clearer way of writing that would be...

Visual (Calligraphy, Dance, Light Manipulation, Shapes). There are many ways to undertake a visual performance whether through illustration, illusion magic, or legerdemain. When using this art as a spell focus, whenever you cast a bard spell you may choose to make an ally the point of origin for your spell. You must be able to see both the ally and any targets of the spell.
Your version does not require Bob to see you or even be conscious.

niklinna

satisfied?
Interestingly, the original text does not require you to be able to see your ally (unless the ally is also a target of the spell).

wheelercub

Explorer
Here's another oversight. The original Confusion spell has 2 primary effects. The target(s) cannot take Reactions (which is very similar to the new Rattled condition), AND 1d10 needs to be rolled to determine the target(s) behavior every turn until they resist the spell. This secondary effect is completely missing from the spell description below.

1: The creature uses all its Movement to move in a random direction. To determine the direction, roll a d8 and assign a direction to each die face. The creature doesn't take an action this turn.​
2-6: The creature doesn't move or take Actions this turn.​
7-8: The creature uses its action to make a melee Attack against a randomly determined creature within its reach. If there is no creature within its reach, the creature does nothing this turn.​
9-10: The creature can act and move normally.​

Here's the A5e version:

Confusion

You assault the minds of your targets, filling them with delusions and making them confused until the spell ends. On a successful saving throw, a target is rattled for 1 round. At the end of each of its turns, a confused target makes a Wisdom saving throw to end the spell’s effects on it.

Stalker0

Legend
Here's another oversight. The original Confusion spell has 2 primary effects. The target(s) cannot take Reactions (which is very similar to the new Rattled condition), AND 1d10 needs to be rolled to determine the target(s) behavior every turn until they resist the spell. This secondary effect is completely missing from the spell description below.

1: The creature uses all its Movement to move in a random direction. To determine the direction, roll a d8 and assign a direction to each die face. The creature doesn't take an action this turn.​
2-6: The creature doesn't move or take Actions this turn.​
7-8: The creature uses its action to make a melee Attack against a randomly determined creature within its reach. If there is no creature within its reach, the creature does nothing this turn.​
9-10: The creature can act and move normally.​

Here's the A5e version:

Confusion
You assault the minds of your targets, filling them with delusions and making them confused until the spell ends. On a successful saving throw, a target is rattled for 1 round. At the end of each of its turns, a confused target makes a Wisdom saving throw to end the spell’s effects on it.
Confusion is now a condition, detailed in the condition section of the book.

Remove ads