Pathfinder 1E [Legendary Games] The ARCFORGE UNIVERSE Kickstarter is live for Pathfinder RPG!

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
The Arcforge Universe Kickstarter has launched! This incredible collection marries high-tech and high fantasy in a pair of expansive books for players and GMs comprising over 600 pages of vividly detailed world lore and player options galore in the Arcforge Players Compendium and Arcforge Universe Cyclopedia!

You'll find new character classes and over 200 archetypes, feats, spells, psionic powers, along with expansive mech rules, technomancy, and so much more, including beloved 3rd-party system support for psionics, akashic veils, and new spheres for both Spheres of Power and Spheres of Might! The Arcforge Universe opens up a system-spanning smorgasbord of nations and locations for planetary, interstellar, or cosmic adventure, including nearly 100 new monsters and creature templates from roving wasteland hordes to mind-melting chaos lords! This 3-week Quick-Starter also offers immediate PDF fulfillment on all existing books and PDFs, plus exclusive playtest access this spring for new mechanics! Check it out and pledge today!

View attachment 47561

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I've noticed that the Kickstarter says that the books are "revised and re-tested." As someone who has some previous Arcforge material, can you speak more to what's changed and how?

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
I've noticed that the Kickstarter says that the books are "revised and re-tested." As someone who has some previous Arcforge material, can you speak more to what's changed and how?
Glad you asked! As the author of the original run, I've gone through all of the established material with a fine-toothed comb to rebalance many of the more powerful or confusing elements. The mech rules in particular have been a major source of confusion and frustration for a lot of tables, so I took particular care to make sure that they were laid out more sensibly and balanced more in line with other existing options. Many other individual feats, powers, or class options have been similarly adjusted or remade with this goal in mind.

There are also a number of options that have been updated to fit in better with the changing design standards of many subsystems or ensure compatibility with more recent books. For example, the Helmsman's veil progression has been re-tooled so that the class can now bind every veil slot.

A link to the playtest is here, if you want to evaluate the current pieces and leave feedback.

LegendaryGames

Adventurer
Publisher
If you want to get a foretaste of the glorious goodness to found in these books, check out the Arcforge Players Compendium FREE Preview today, with 26 pages of killer content.

This PDF has all the details you need to take charge as the new Helmsman class, a skillful mech pilot who utilizes akashic veils and essence-fueled hypercharge abilities to master their bonded vehicle. This document also includes comprehensive rules for Arcforge's unique Mechs, allowing players to construct and pilot their own vessels ranging from pilots to tanks.

With six distinct Body Types and over 40 unique Mech Enhancements, each pilot is sure to make their vehicle their own. Eager to try out a mech of your own? This collection also contains 14 new feats usable by any class, allowing characters of every stripe to climb into a mech. It's time to climb into the cockpit, activate the engines, and Make Your Game Legendary!

If you like what you see here, check out the ARCFORGE UNIVERSE KICKSTARTER now and pledge today! It ends March 21st!

dead

Explorer
What's the difference between your 3 sci-fi/fantasy campaign settings?

Arcforge
Aethera
Legendary Planet

They all seem to mix science and magic like Starfinder but I’m not sure which one is for me.

I’m basically after something close to Starfinder - a fantasy world with elves and dwarves and dragons etc. that has advanced in technology and taken to space - but to be able to use the PF1 ruleset with it.

WhatLiesBeyond

Explorer
What's the difference between your 3 sci-fi/fantasy campaign settings?

Arcforge
Aethera
Legendary Planet

They all seem to mix science and magic like Starfinder but I’m not sure which one is for me.

I’m basically after something close to Starfinder - a fantasy world with elves and dwarves and dragons etc. that has advanced in technology and taken to space - but to be able to use the PF1 ruleset with it.
I'm happy that you asked! Arcforge, Aethera, and Legendary Planet were all designed by different writers with unique aesthetics and themes in mind. Each tells a different story of how a fantasy culture reaches the space age and how the environment of high-tech fantasy is constructed.

Legendary Planet is heavily influenced by pulp sci-fi of the 1930s-1970s, blending sword and sorcery elements with fantastical alien environments and scheming technological forces. The characters in Legendary Planet are suddenly thrown from a typical fantasy world into a wild frontier filled with alien peoples in need of heroes.

Aethera also wears its pulp influence on its sleeve, but is much tighter in its world construction. The setting of Aethera is built around a smaller subset of deeply intertwined elements, with magic and technology blending together through the system's history. This tightness comes with the caveat that a lot of common Pathfinder elements (namely the Tolkein peoples) don't really have a place there.

Arcforge is influenced by more recent works, drawing heavily on cyberpunk and weird fantasy themes from the 1980s and 1990s. The setting itself is designed more explicitly to be a kitchen sink, with every conceivable element and class option having a place somewhere within the setting's sprawling history. Themes of technological change and advancement (as well as the social changes they bring) are prevalent in Arcforge's threefold setting (Vandara, Aurin, and the Beyond).

Based on what you've described, I think Arcforge is the best fit for the game you want to run. In particular, the Aurin portion of the setting covered in Spheres Left Behind, Starlight Inheritors, and Gleam of Eternity (all of which are compiled in the Universe Cyclopedia) seems up your alley.

Remove ads