• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Legacy? Now I feel old.

Ahnehnois

First Post
No kidding. 3.5E isn't "legacy", it's an active and vibrant game which is currently being widely played and supported. Personally, I would rather have seen the 3e and Pathfinder forums merged into a "3.5 Derivatives" forum.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
I kinda like "Legacy".

It stirs up visions of noble players in shining breastplates, their gleaming mithril d20s at the ready, halos of golden light streaming about about their heads, hair waving gently although there's no breeze, jaws set with steely determination and eyes glittering with the knowledge of certain Things.

Deep and fantastickal and wondrous Things.

YMMV, of course.
;)

rgard

Adventurer
I kinda like "Legacy".

It stirs up visions of noble players in shining breastplates, their gleaming mithril d20s at the ready, halos of golden light streaming about about their heads, hair waving gently although there's no breeze, jaws set with steely determination and eyes glittering with the knowledge of certain Things.

Deep and fantastickal and wondrous Things.

YMMV, of course.
;)

Sounds like LARP? :)

At least they didn't call it the D&D Paleozoic or Pleistocene or Precambrian discussion.

Legacy is growing on me.

Nonei

Explorer
Legacy is ok... but I think part of the point too is that 3e is more related to (and more active than) all the D20/SRD derivatives out there than it is to 1st edition and AD&D (and if I played 1st ed or AD&D, I don't think I'd want 3e stuff all mixed up with it either... but I don't know)

There's a thread about the new forum structure on the meta boards here, I posted Ahnehnois' suggestion on it.

Last edited:

Aus_Snow

First Post
It makes sense though. 3e, like AD&D, BD&D and OD&D, is out of print (for nearly two years now, IIRC.) Pathfinder isn't. 4e isn't. 'Other RPGs' might or might not be, but they should probably have their own place anyway (as, indeed, they currently still do.)

I for one would like to see a bit more of the older legacy discussion in this and its sister forum. Perhaps if it was made known 'out there' that EN World was now organised so as to be more welcoming to older D&D (*rules*, etc.) discussion. . . :hmm:

;) Dunno. It wouldn't be me. But still, IMO, all editions of D&D, save one, do share rather a lot of common ground. Yes, a legacy of sorts.

Nonei

Explorer
I for one would like to see a bit more of the older legacy discussion in this and its sister forum. Perhaps if it was made known 'out there' that EN World was now organised so as to be more welcoming to older D&D (*rules*, etc.) discussion. . . :hmm:

;) Dunno. It wouldn't be me. But still, IMO, all editions of D&D, save one, do share rather a lot of common ground. Yes, a legacy of sorts.

Perhaps then a forum for legacy D&D (including 3e) but also a thread for all the D20/SRD derivatives (maybe though a third forum for Pathfinder since it is so popular on it's own)?... I see a lot of threads of people making their own and/or looking for suggestions for alternate rules etc, so my thinking was simply putting all that in its own place (separate from 'other RPGs').

Ahnehnois

First Post
There's a thread about the new forum structure on the meta boards here, I posted Ahnehnois' suggestion on it.
I saw that; thanks. Frankly, I think PF/3.5 is one crowd so it ought to be one forum (and I hate checking two lightly traveled forums when there could be one full one).

Dandu

First Post
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more; it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Remove ads