First Post
Sitara said:
Classes will be the following:

Fighter (Martial Defender)
Wizard (Arcane Controller)
Cleric (divine leader)
Rogue (Martial Striker)
Warlock (Arcane striker)

That should be that. Warlord wont be in because the cleric is already a leader and he will be in.
This sounds right to me. It'll probably be a Dwarf Fighter, Eladrin Wizard, Human Cleric, Halfling Rogue, and Tiefling Warlock. Although I could also see the fifth char being an Elf Ranger.

eleran

First Post
Darkwolf71 said:
2) Do we know for sure it's only 5? I mean, why the heck wouldn't they have a pre-gen for each class to show it's 'cool new stuff'?

yEP...

mearls said:
Hey!

Yes, H1 will come with a party of five pre-generated characters. There will be enough rules in the adventure to go up to level 3. It's meant as an intro product for people who already play D&D.

- Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleran
I know you are all really busy. I was just wondering if H1, Keep on the Shadowfell, will come with pregen characters or will players make their own characters?

Thanx for all your hard work. Cant wait to see what 4e has in store for us.

Friend to norkers, ally to qullans, champion of Fiend Folio 1e
"Mike Mearls = Gary Gygax on steroids...those poor hapless and unsuspecting players..." - nastynate, CO Boards

Darkwolf71

First Post
Mercule said:
I would not be surprised to see additional pregens as a web enhancement. The question is, will they appear as general content, or DDI-only.
I'm pretty sure the DDI isn't going to live subscription status untill well after H1 comes out. So any web-enhancments would (should) be free.

eleran

First Post
I will take a stab at the reasoning for 5 in the party. When they put the call out for playtesters they said they were looking for groups of 6, 1 DM & 5 players. Not up to, or around that many, but that many exactly. I would therefore guess/assume that the encounters are built into the module for that many PCs, exactly. I would also assume/guess that the rules & guidelines for rebalancing the encounters for more/less PCs are within the DMG which will not be out yet when the module is released and due to page count issues cannot be included in the module.

However, since we know the design philosophy on encounter design revolves around 1 monster per PC, and we know that elites = 2 monsters and minions = 1/2 PC, etc. we could use these to extrapolate and mess around with the encounters to get them right for a bigger group, not sure how well this would work for a smaller group, especially of only 2 PCs.

Just spitballing....

Darkwolf71

First Post
EricNoah said:
Everyone who makes a custom PC for this should post it here. You'd have dozens or hundreds to choose from then! :)
We'll just have to do this. Certainly some peoples fudgings will be better than others. :cool:

Remove ads