• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E June Unearthed Arcana?

ZeshinX

Adventurer
I suspect they (WotC) are a wee bit preoccupied in examining the game in various ways to look for means to improve elements of inclusion and remove/update potentially egregious language found to have a basis in or perpetuating racist (or other damaging) stereotypes (regardless of any absence of malice in the use of said language).

I would not expect a new Unearthed Arcana for at least another few weeks or so (simply a wild guess).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Are they doing an Unearthed Arcana this month? I thought they rolled them out early in the month.

They put out a survey for the last UA with no accompanying new material. This suggests we may bring for a bit of a break. They aren't in a regular monthly schedule anymore, just when they have something to test. Based on past tests and publication schedules, the Q4 book is probably feature complete by now, so it may be a good long while before they have anything more to test the waters with, similar to the gap last year.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I suspect they (WotC) are a wee bit preoccupied in examining the game in various ways to look for means to improve elements of inclusion and remove/update potentially egregious language found to have a basis in or perpetuating racist (or other damaging) stereotypes (regardless of any absence of malice in the use of said language).

I would not expect a new Unearthed Arcana for at least another few weeks or so (simply a wild guess).

Maybe more like a couple months.

They put out a survey for the last UA with no accompanying new material. This suggests we may bring for a bit of a break. They aren't in a regular monthly schedule anymore, just when they have something to test. Based on past tests and publication schedules, the Q4 book is probably feature complete by now, so it may be a good long while before they have anything more to test the waters with, similar to the gap last year.
The 4Q book is probably in the crunch phase now. Too late for new content.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The 4Q book is probably in the crunch phase now. Too late for new content.

Exactly: the last stuff for Xanathar's was put out at the very beginning of June 2017, Eberron was all done in May 2019, and Ravnica had one test in August...but that test was noted as being on the line because the book was going to the printer in September!

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I really hope they aren't planning on putting a bunch of untested stuff in said book like they often do. It's almost always the stuff that didn't get publicly tested that I, at least, am usually unhappy with.

Remove ads