• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) It's not worth it/we are out of luck/time

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Don't worry about the wrong opinions of other people.

WotC has explicitly stated they're continuing to make major changes to 1D&D based on feedback.

It's probably too late to ask that D&D be adjudicated with a 1d6 system or through Jenga blocks, but other than that, express your opinions, so long as you don't have the expectation that what any one person states on a message board is going to drive the direction of the game.

Last edited:

Tutara

Adventurer
I keep seeing this sentiment about R5e/1D&D/anniversary edition/version.

Why is it people think that we should not express our thoughts in discussions? What is the purpose of shutting down what people say they want?
I think if people have valid points to contribute, they should do so without fear of censure. I would argue, though, that once a point has been made it does not need to be made continually in every possible thread irrespective of its relevance. People should value the thoughts of other posters - they should also value the time of other posters and not reduce reading the forums to a mind-numbing slog through the same point over and over again.

Please note that this isn't me saying 'people should not post their thoughts', it's more me suggesting that repeatedly banging the same drum ad infinitum diminishes its effect and can lead to people entirely ignoring an otherwise worthwhile poster due to the uneven noise to signal ratio.

Shiroiken

Legend
I keep seeing this sentiment about R5e/1D&D/anniversary edition/version.

Why is it people think that we should not express our thoughts in discussions? What is the purpose of shutting down what people say they want?
Because people are slowly realizing that it's not 6E, but a continuation of 5E. The fact that WotC has been completely upfront about this fact seems to confuse some people, so they continue to push for ideas that are incompatible with the existing 5E chassis. When these ideas show 0 chance of showing up, they become dejected and denigrate 1D&D as a result. At least that's my assumption...

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think if people have valid points to contribute, they should do so without fear of censure. I would argue, though, that once a point has been made it does not need to be made continually in every possible thread irrespective of its relevance. People should value the thoughts of other posters - they should also value the time of other posters and not reduce reading the forums to a mind-numbing slog through the same point over and over again.

Please note that this isn't me saying 'people should not post their thoughts', it's more me suggesting that repeatedly banging the same drum ad infinitum diminishes its effect and can lead to people entirely ignoring an otherwise worthwhile poster due to the uneven noise to signal ratio.
This, really.

Remathilis

Legend
Because people are slowly realizing that it's not 6E, but a continuation of 5E. The fact that WotC has been completely upfront about this fact seems to confuse some people, so they continue to push for ideas that are incompatible with the existing 5E chassis. When these ideas show 0 chance of showing up, they become dejected and denigrate 1D&D as a result. At least that's my assumption...
This.

Everybody looked at what WotC said about One D&D and then laid their own expectations on it and got saddle sores when it didn't match what they thought was going to happen.

Remove ads