• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E In which setting the next adventure path will take place?

gweinel

Explorer
It comes more clear that the next adventure path will not be in Forgotten Realms.
The timing seems to be perfect: they have just delivered the DMGuild in order everyone to be able to make their favorite Realms adventures/lore etc. in order to focus to the publication of a new setting.

We have a tweet that almost confirms it. https://twitter.com/Wizards_DnD/status/687766963095994368

So which setting do you will be next?
Ravenloft or Planescape? These two are the settings which we hear more from the developers.
Or Eberron, the only setting which we saw a playtesting via Unearthed Arcana?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That tweet just replies to a person who said they only wanted WotC books not 3rd party stuff that they'd still be getting them. I'm not seeing any evidence there that they're moving away from the Realms.

Banderhobb

First Post
I think that all speculation on the next setting is just that, speculation.

But I hope we see Eberron soon, because by Pelor i want to play Alphonse Elric in adventurers league.

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
That tweet just replies to a person who said they only wanted WotC books not 3rd party stuff that they'd still be getting them. I'm not seeing any evidence there that they're moving away from the Realms.

Same. It's wishful thinking to take anything more than this out of that tweet. It's very likely that the next path will be FR, and I'd even say the one after that, as well. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see any purely-WotC non-FR stuff for at least a couple years.

delericho

Legend
So which setting do you will be next?

I'm reasonably certain the next path will indeed be in FR. Even if it's the long-rumoured "Ravenloft" path.

(Of course, I was also reasonably certain we wouldn't see the OGL/5eSRD this year, so my being "reasonably certain" means it's probably wrong! :) )

delericho

Legend
Not too sure they will follow a demon infested underdark with an undead infested Ravenloft.

No, indeed. My guess would be Shakespearean Giants and then Ravenloft. But even if the new storyline is "Ravenloft", my guess is still that the premise is "Castle Ravenloft comes to the Sword Coast", rather than "Heroes from the SC go to Ravenloft".

Naturally, every single thing I've written in this post may be incorrect. :)

Remove ads