• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In Defence of Chickens - DCC RPG (OOC)

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Since you're shooting arrows and throwing things at these poor, innocent zombie things, I rolled initative for everyone. While you are still running multiple characters, initiatve will be by player, and you can act with all your characters at the same time.

@JustinCase you're up first. Granny, Billy, and Jack are up in the front about 20 feet from the monsters; Bill is further back and would take a full move to catch up.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Due to holidays, I don’t know how often (if at all) I can post in the next two weeks. I do intend to, but I have no idea if I can.

Feel free to NPC my characters if necessary for the story.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Wow, a natural 1 and a natural 20 in the first round of combat!
Well, what a perfect opportunity to introduce the critical hit and fumble rules!

A roll of natural 1 is a critical hit! When this happens, just roll a d4 to see the effect - higher is better. The dice you roll will change later depending on class.

A roll on natural 1 on an attack is a fumble. If this happens, roll a d4, and subtract your Luck modifier (so, if your Luck modifier is negative, add it). Lower is better. Wearing armour means you have to add a modifier to your fumble roll, but at the moment none of you need to worry about that.

Granny has a +1 luck modifier, so I rolled a 1 on a 1 d4. -1 Luck modifier equals zero, so luckily for her, no effect.

@thirdkingdom - Yolo can get within melee range this turn if he wants. The rest were a bit further back, so would need two turns (or you could use your action to double your speed, but then they cannot attack this turn).

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
Quick question: can we fire into melee? I'm just wondering if my one character with a bow can fire at the remaining vege-zombie.
Good point - this is a rule I should have clarified.

You can fire into melee, but if you miss there is a 50/50 chance you will strike one of your allies instead. Both plant-zombies are engaged - Granny and Bill with one; unlucky Jack with the other.

turnip_farmer

Adventurer
If you're checking the rolls, the vine attacks should have been d20+2 (my finger slipped). Thankfully, makes no difference to the outcome.

Please use CoyoteCode instead of Orokos. Orokos does not work for me.

@jmucchiello - you're up. All four of your characters can get to the vine monsters in one move if you want them to.

Remove ads