• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E If you're planning to run 5e, have you started a homebrew campaign?

For people who want to run 5e, have you started a homebrew 5e campaign already?

• Poll closed .

fanboy2000

Adventurer
We don't have a lot for homebrew DMs yet, but that didn't stop me from doing a homebrew one-shot a few weeks ago. Anyone start a homebrew campaign?

While this is likely intentional, (and predictable, given that there's no MM or DMG out yet) I find the number of pre-fab adventures being ran very high right now.

BoldItalic

First Post
We had a campaign going through the DDNext playtest, converted it to 5e and played on. We emphasize narrative over mechanics so successive rule changes have not, in themselves, caused undue difficulty. We are having fun!

We don't have a lot for homebrew DMs yet, but that didn't stop me from doing a homebrew one-shot a few weeks ago. Anyone start a homebrew campaign?

While this is likely intentional, (and predictable, given that there's no MM or DMG out yet) I find the number of pre-fab adventures being ran very high right now.
Homebrew is the only kind of game I run.

Whether or not I actually ever end up running 5e or not is still an open question. Certainly I have no immediate plans to do so.

TheRustyOne

Explorer
I've got two running right now.
My Saturday game had just started running Pathfinder's Shattered Star, and after trying 5th we have decided to convert Shattered Star to 5th.

My Tuesday group is running Return to the Keep on the Borderlands, set in New Venir on Scarn, in the Scarred Lands setting.

Yep. We are three sessions in on a Tuesday night game that I'm running at my FLGS. I'm using the Village of Hommlet as a base and expanding the adventuring opportunities in the region with lots of additional material. I am creating some of my own custom magic items. Last night the players discovered this:

Brandybuck's Ogre Slaying Knife This is a finely crafted knife with a handle fashioned out of ogre bone, complete with a well tooled ogre hide sheath. The knife may be used to inflict piercing or slashing damage and functions in all other respects as a +1 magical dagger.

Anyone attuning to the weapon becomes aware of its true magical nature. The knife functions as a +3 weapon against ogres and scores double damage on any hit scored on an ogre. A critical scored with this weapon vs an ogre will thus inflict 4 X damage.

Wee folk (which include halflings, dwarves, and gnomes) who attune themselves to this weapon may discover other emergent properties under the right circumstances........

The weapon was forged hundreds of years ago and wielded famously by Brogo "Mick" Brandybuck, a fearsome Halfling warrior who once slew six ogres single handedly with this weapon.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
For people who want to run 5e, have you started a homebrew 5e campaign already?

Might get better poll results if you straighten out the timing-conflict inherent in the poll question.

"Want to run" implies it hasn't happened yet. "Started already" implies that it has.

I'll run the Starter Set. And no, I won't need a DMG to start a campaign, if I go that route.

Remove ads