IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part II

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Cool, I also didn't realize that there were bottles and a pearl, I was fixated on the armor.
Before the night begins I cast detect magic and concentrate on the lot of stuff (even the moldy armor) and then I'll do spellcraft checks (+5) for the bottles.[/sblock]

Last edited:

worthley

First Post
"I feel like a new man. I'm ready to head out, once I finish my meal"
Viktor grabs some dried meat from his pack and tears a chunk off with his teeth.

michael_noah

First Post
"It's back to work for us, then. I suppose we should get back down that hole and explore the western passage. If anyone has any bright ideas about the water, that might also be helpful."

As the party becomes ready, the dwarf leads them back down to the site of their most recent encounter and begins his search to the west.
[sblock=ooc]Can Boldak determine anything interesting about the water based on his dungeon knowledge, or the depth of the area? I.e. is the pool above or below the area at the bottom of the working elevator (if above, it must be contained somehow so as not to seep into that area).[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]The flasks are magic, as is the pearl and the ring.[/sblock]
You return to the lower level. Boldak, with his keen dwarven senses, knows that this level is the same depth as the the area at the bottom of the other shaft. The area with the water, from what can be seen, is lower than any of the other areas you've yet explored.

With that quick assessment finished, Boldak moves toward the room to the west.

Eight man-sized stone slabs, about four feet off the ground, are arranged in two rows in this large room. A long-dead corpse, possibly a human, lays sprawled out upon one of these slabs, his red leather armor the only hint of color in the otherwise drab room. The north and south walls taper in somewhat, an the short west walls abuts a small stone stage. The red clay statue of a powerfully built warrior wielding a cylinder-headed greatclub stands tall upon the stage, its eyes surveying the room.

As the dwarf sneaks toward the next room, he sees another large beetle, like the one killed yesterday, moving lethargically throughout the room. It appears to have not yet noticed him.

[sblock=OOC]o3, do you still exist?[/sblock]

Last edited:

michael_noah

First Post
Boldak slinks back around the corner before whispering to his companions, "There is another large beetle. I'll try to get close and surprise it, come around the corner and join me as soon as I make a move."

He proceeds to do so, quickly moving between the stone benches to avoid being seen by the bug before surprising it with a blade in its back.

TiCaudata

First Post
Breth follows the dwarf's instructions, ready to step north into the intersection and cast a missile if the dwarf fails to take the beast down.

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Boldak attempts to sneak behind the beetle, the oversized insect manages to catch the dwarf as he enters the room.

At the same time, just as he enters the room, Boldak feels as is some magic had tried to effect him, but the dwarf managed to shrug it off.

[Sblock=OOC]1's spot check beats B's hide check; no surprise round
Boldak: Will save, 14+2=16, success

Init & Status
Boldak (22): 1 damage
Breth (16): 3 damage
Viktor (16): 1 damage
Alendar (15): 3 damage
Beetle (11)
Alexis (8): 3 damage

We'll start right at the top of the initiative order. Oh, and I realized that I misread o3's post regarding healing. I ended up using one of the cure minor wounds spells on Alexis, bt I figure you're okay with that, since she needs it more than Viktor does.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Boldak charges the beetle, bravely hiding behind his shield on the way in.

"Get him!"
[sblock=ooc]Short sword +4 +2(charge) -1(ACP) = +5, 1d6+1
AC:15 this round[/sblock]

Remove ads