• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Here's The New 2024 Player's Handbook Wizard Art

WotC says art is not final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GJStLauacAIRfOl.jpeg

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
I wear glasses at times (night driving, mostly), but I just find them odd on D&D adventures, mostly because magic would fix any vision issues, right? So, a PC as "powerful" as this one "seems" to be, it just strikes me as strange.
How common is greater restoration in your world?

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I wear glasses at times (night driving, mostly), but I just find them odd on D&D adventures, mostly because magic would fix any vision issues, right? So, a PC as "powerful" as this one "seems" to be, it just strikes me as strange.
They could also be any number of D&D-specific magic items, such as eyes of minute seeing or eyes of the eagle.

ezo

I cast invisibility
How common is greater restoration in your world?
How common is globe of invulnerability in yours?

Besides, lesser restoration removes the blinded condition--which seems sufficient to me for fixing poor vision.

They could also be any number of D&D-specific magic items, such as eyes of minute seeing or eyes of the eagle.
True, great point! That isn't how we do the fiction of such items, but that would make much more sense IMO.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
What fiction? That is part of the issue I take with it.

Whatever fiction the image invokes for you.

To me, if someone gives you a story seed (without any other details) then you take that seed and run with it. You don't spend time arguing with the seed.

To me, this is fundamental D&D.

Maybe she's been blasted by a Gust of Wind and her intelligent flying staff has decided to cast a protection spell on her. I don't know. The point is that it could be anything that happens in any D&D game - which is infinite possibilities.

mamba

Legend
a) it looks like mtg art the mystical sigils stuff is fairly standard as magic has to look like something and few seem to be inventing an alternative.
sure it has to look like something, but there are tons of spells that do look very different from this

The sphere and symbols made me think Dr Strange

b) the only way I can see you getting Wakanda from that art sounds rather accusatory and I would prefer not to start a fight, do you catch my meaning? I am assuming it is something else just for the record
black, sleek modern-ish clothes, glasses, metal staff, for a comic universe that comes close to Wakanda to me, chances are there are others (not much into comics), but that one comes to mind for me thanks to two movies

I have no issue with the character being black, my objection was not about skin color at all, it was about style

mamba

Legend
black and awesomely stylish looking
yep, pretty much that, also could not think of the name Storm, I knew there was one, just not which one

It’s not like the Dr Stange connection is all that deep in comparison, round glowy stuff with symbols, that is it ;)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
True, great point! That isn't how we do the fiction of such items, but that would make much more sense IMO.
The art images from the DMG/D&D Beyond show them as being crystal lenses in some kind of mask or spectacle holder. I think that's a change from earlier versions where they were more like contacts, but honestly works better for me. Less "body modification" feel, and more "artificer".

Reactions: ezo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

Remove ads