• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Green Ronin at Paizo.com (Apocalypse sale)

ruemere

Adventurer
Disclaimer: This is a thank-you post. It is quite relevant to my PFRPG campaign though.

Several weeks ago I became aware of Green Ronin doing a stunt called Apocalypse Sale at Paizo.com. Basically, this is a sale of print products for $2 (or somewhere around that price - hardcovers and boxed sets go for $5). So, I have browsed over to the site and looked through the wares... end result - biggest gaming order in my life.
Yesterday, the books finally arrived, smelling of mint condition and weighing a ton. The list:
  1. Bleeding Edge Adventures #3: Dirge of the Damned (d20)
  2. Bleeding Edge Adventures #4: A Dreadful Dawn (d20)
  3. Bleeding Edge Adventures #6: Escape from Ceranir (d20)
  4. Bleeding Edge Adventures Special: Dark Wings over Freeport (d20)
  5. Egyptian Adventures: Hamunaptra (d20)
  6. SpirosBlaak (d20)
  7. Testament—Roleplaying in the Biblical Era RPG (d20)
  8. Thieves' World: Shadowspawn's Guide to Sanctuary Hardcover (d20)
  9. Todd Gamble's Cartographica: Journal of Maps
(the list also contained Shemeska's Pathfinder Chronicles: The Great Beyond—A Guide to the Multiverse (OGL) Print Edition, and Pathfinder RPG Bestiary)

So, what is this post about?

First of all, I'd like to express my gratitude to both Green Ronin and Paizo for making this sale. I know that such low prices for great products are a total steal. However, I would have never been able to afford them for full or lowered price and so such opportunity was godsend.

Secondly, these products are in limited supply. So, to those who never had a chance to have a look at the books, this is probably the last chance to get these classics.

Thirdly, very cursory overview of the list warrants the following observations:
  • Bleeding Edge adventures are small, delicate booklets. They are simple and contain solid maps. I haven't look deeply enough to determine their quality.
  • Hamunaptra is a small boxed set. I haven't unpacked it yet, but opinions are nothing short of enthusiastic. An RPGnet review contains a breakdown of content. Also author names, C.A. Suleiman, Steve Kenson and Ari Marmell speak for themselves.
  • SpirosBlaak setting - I've got PDF for free during some promotion, so adding the printed was nearly automatic. Heartily recommended.
  • Testament - total steal. This is almost as good as Black Company. Great resource to plunder for demons, community rules and plots.
  • Guide to Sanctuary - two tags: hardcover, Robert J. Schwalb. Since Black Company rpg, I have come to believe that anything with this guy's name on cover is going to be excellent (maybe except next edition of Windows). I was not wrong here, either, though basic book for Thieves World is recommended first.
  • Journal of Maps - the only thing I'd like to have to have in PDF. Some of these maps rescaled would make for great battlefield maps.

Finally, to tie this with PFRPG:
These products could work with any system. With PFRPG they work with minimum effort.

regards,
Ruemere

PS. If you have any other great purchase opportunities, please share them here. I may be going overboard with my enthusiasm, but it's been a while since I've seen so much goodness.

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Yeah, the GR sales on GR's site and paizo got me to make my first physical RPG book purchases in years.

Hamunaptra, Sanctuary, Thieves' World Player's Manual and Gazeteer, Book of the Righteous, Spiros Blaak, The psionic setting one, Freeport Trilogy, Unholy Warrior and Shaman Handbooks, Plot and Poison, Freeport in Hell, it was a great haul.

To bring it back to pathfinder I used a lot of Spiros Blaak in my pathfinder beta game.:)

Treebore

First Post
Christina is currently working on converting Spiros to the Savage Worlds system.

Definitely take advantage of this sale, a lot of excellent RPG goodness in it, especially Book of the Righteous and Hamanaptra, and I have bought all of it, but I got it back when 3E crashed due to the 4E announcement for similar prices, if I didn't have it already. Heck, I bought additional copies of my favorites.

All of this is worth its asking price, and then some, if your still willing to use 3E material, which any PF fan is, I would imagine.

Banshee16

First Post
That's a good sale...unfortunately, I already have many of the books...the main one I want, Testament, doesn't appear to be available. The Advanced Game Master's Guide may not be of much use to me, if I can't also find the Advanced Players Guide and the Advanced Bestiary.

Does anyone have those books? Are they good? I seem to remember that the Bestiary was basically a book of templates. I'm not so sure about the other two.

Banshee

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I got the Advanced Bestiary a couple of years ago in a similar GR sale on Paizo. Yes, it's a book full of templates, and it's really quite good. Paizo uses quite a few of its templates for monsters in their own products. Also, you definitely don't need the Advanced GM Guide or Player Guide to use it; I have a feeling that they're all 3 more or less stand-alone books, but I don't know for sure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads