Forsaker trick?

reapersaurus

First Post
Could a Forsaker use a Gnome Artificer's devices (Magic of Faerun) to get the effect of using magical items without breaking his vow?

As far as I read it, the devices are mechanical, not magical, so while they have charges, they are just as effective as magic items.

This combined with a race template with SR (similar to drow), and with Healing Salves, MIGHT make the Forsaker a playable PrC (as long as the ridiculous destruction-of-magic-items requirement daily is taken away or modified).
(He could even live without the DR if he had to)

Crothian

First Post
I'd have to reread the class, but it might work. However, I still think the Forsaker is a playible class. You just need to have the right person and the right group. It's not an easy class to play, so not everyone will be able to do it.

Chun-tzu

First Post
It depends.

Some Gnome Artificer devices draw upon the school of Illusion (shadow), and they are considered supernatural abilities. The description of the Forsaker specifically prohibits spellcasting and spell-like abilities (which clearly and unambiguously includes psionics!!!), but it does not specify supernatural abilities. So, I'd allow it... so long as it was within character.

If we have an overly superstitious, dumb barbarian becoming a Forsaker, then he's not going anywhere near any technology. If he's smart enough to have some understanding of technology and how it works, though, then it seems fine to me.

As far as balance goes, such items would be pretty rare, and they have limited charges. If there's a Gnome Artificer in the party, I say, great! We've got a team, here. An odd pair that complements each other beautifully. If the Artificer is an NPC, then the DM has full control over what the Forsaker gets, so no problem there.

sty

First Post
Originally posted by reapersaurus
As far as I read it, the devices are mechanical, not magical, so while they have charges, they are just as effective as magic items.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Forsakers doesn´t like magic, or anything like that!! They are against it!!
And items that are just as effective as magic items, are like magic for a Forsaker!!!! ;)

So, maybe if the PrC is combined with a race with SR, and things like that it would be better for your eyes!!!
And I think just like Crothian, it´s playable if you have the right person and the right group and above all, the right DM!! :D

Don´t you think so!?

Remove ads