D&D 5E First World: Possibly One of the New D&D setting?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Yeah, we good. I really hate changing history, but some things absolutely have to be updated, and the original is still out there anyway.
Exactly.
This stuff really works me up, and I'm not having the best day anyway. I'm sorry.
Totally understandable. Sorry if I read too much into your posts or mischaracterized anything you said.

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
I think it also speaks well of Greenwoods open minded hippy ways: they didn't have to change much to fit modern sensibilities at all. The Sword Coast was actually where his game was set, and he was a "say yes" sort of DM.

Yeah the most Ed Greenwood-y FR regions are the most friendly for 5E. Others, like Kara-tur, I think are best avoided.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
So if they don't have their own racial template, then they don't need to be in the game as a separate thing. A player can decide to play someone with a disability or birth defect on their own, without the game having to spell it out.
This is a tangent, but I have basically the same opinion on Half-Races. It should just be a part of your backstory, not a completely separate race from both of their parent races.

SakanaSensei

Adventurer
This is a tangent, but I have basically the same opinion on Half-Races. It should just be a part of your backstory, not a completely separate race from both of their parent races.
Gimme that A5E style "each race has 2 gifts, if you're bi-racial pick one from each parent" getup in 2024 please. My players saw that option and almost everyone in the party wanted to work with it.

Remove ads