• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Fighting style/feats for a Dexadin/Rogue

Snapdragyn

Explorer
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Best Vow of Enmity ever, & perfect example of a Dex-based Paladin of Vengeance.

The build so far

Tiefling Paladin (Oath of Vengeance)

Str: 10
Dex: 15
Con: 14
Int: 10 (9 point buy, +1 racial adjustment)
Wis: 12
Cha: 16 (14 point buy, +2 racial adjustment)

Background: Urchin (mainly for Stealth, since I have a sort of 'stalking avenger' concept in mind, & prefer the flavor over Criminal)

Weapon of choice: Rapier (one of the best melee weapons for a dex-based melee combatant, & definitely fits the style).

Armor of choice: Chain shirt until he can afford a breastplate (yes, leather would be more true to the inspiration, but survivability has to count for something) & shield (emblazoned with emblem to count as a holy symbol).

Main questions

Fighting style - the defensive one for extra AC, or the fencing one for extra damage output?

Feat - something to get that odd Dex to an even number would be nice... the Medium Armor Mastery one (AFB, but I think it allows +1 to Dex?) so he can get more Dex counting towards his AC in medium armor, or the saving throw proficiency one (avoiding a lot of those AE spells & breath weapons, mmm, nice), or something else?

Edit: Snuck a glance at the multiclassing rules - bummer, Dex-based pally is not going to work to go into rogue with the requirement that you have to meet the multiclassing stat limits in BOTH classes. Removed all of the stuff regarding that idea (although I still think a Paladin of Vengeance/Assassin would be a natural & fun combo).

Last edited:

Remove ads