• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Extended Spell Feat?

laiyna

First Post
Yes you can Extend True Strike, but it works otherwise then you suggest. You got then 2 rounds to make your _one_ True Strike instead of one. See spell

--------------------------------------------------------------
True Strike
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: The character
Duration: 1 round

The character gains temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during the character's next attack. The character's next single attack roll (within the duration of the spell) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, the character is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can read you can extend the duration (from 1 round to 2 rounds) but not the number. Its fixed in the discription of the spell.

Have fun,

Laiyna

trentonjoe

Explorer
laiyna said:
Yes you can Extend True Strike, but it works otherwise then you suggest. You got then 2 rounds to make your _one_ True Strike instead of one. See spell

--------------------------------------------------------------
True Strike
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: The character
Duration: 1 round

The character gains temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during the character's next attack. The character's next single attack roll (within the duration of the spell) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, the character is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can read you can extend the duration (from 1 round to 2 rounds) but not the number. Its fixed in the discription of the spell.

Have fun,

Laiyna

STINKY! That is not what I want!

Question 2:

If you extend an extended spell is it 3 times the duration or 4?

Example:
seventhi level mage casts Cat's grace theduration is 7 hours
an extended cats grace is 14 hours
is an extended, extended cat's grace 21 or 28?

Dr. Zoom

First Post
It is 3 and 21. :D

The second extend is still based on the original spell's duration, not the extended spell's duration. This is similar to the crit multiplication method.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Xarlen said:
But, I can your point. Of course, that's a 7th level slot for Just 70 damage, when a sixth level gets 60. If I'm going to use a 7th level slot, I'm going to Empower a Cone of Cold.

Besides, there's something to be said for being able to reliably do 60 points of damage, as opposed to doing a random amount of damage that averages to 70. For example, 60 points is always massive damage (variants for massive damage based on size excepted), while 2 times 10d6 often isn't. And as has been observed before, increases in randomness tend to favor the underdog, which is usually the monsters.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
trentonjoe said:

Question 2:

If you extend an extended spell is it 3 times the duration or 4?

I already answered this question. It is 3x, remember how multiplication works in D&D. Also, see my post above about the mage armor spell.

Remove ads