Extended Spell Feat?

laiyna

First Post
Yes you can Extend True Strike, but it works otherwise then you suggest. You got then 2 rounds to make your _one_ True Strike instead of one. See spell

--------------------------------------------------------------
True Strike
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: The character
Duration: 1 round

The character gains temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during the character's next attack. The character's next single attack roll (within the duration of the spell) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, the character is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can read you can extend the duration (from 1 round to 2 rounds) but not the number. Its fixed in the discription of the spell.

Have fun,

Laiyna

trentonjoe

Explorer
laiyna said:
Yes you can Extend True Strike, but it works otherwise then you suggest. You got then 2 rounds to make your _one_ True Strike instead of one. See spell

--------------------------------------------------------------
True Strike
Divination
Level: Sor/Wiz 1
Components: V, F
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Personal
Target: The character
Duration: 1 round

The character gains temporary, intuitive insight into the immediate future during the character's next attack. The character's next single attack roll (within the duration of the spell) gains a +20 insight bonus. Additionally, the character is not affected by the miss chance that applies to attacks against a concealed target.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

As you can read you can extend the duration (from 1 round to 2 rounds) but not the number. Its fixed in the discription of the spell.

Have fun,

Laiyna

STINKY! That is not what I want!

Question 2:

If you extend an extended spell is it 3 times the duration or 4?

Example:
seventhi level mage casts Cat's grace theduration is 7 hours
an extended cats grace is 14 hours
is an extended, extended cat's grace 21 or 28?

Dr. Zoom

First Post
It is 3 and 21. :D

The second extend is still based on the original spell's duration, not the extended spell's duration. This is similar to the crit multiplication method.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
Xarlen said:
But, I can your point. Of course, that's a 7th level slot for Just 70 damage, when a sixth level gets 60. If I'm going to use a 7th level slot, I'm going to Empower a Cone of Cold.

Besides, there's something to be said for being able to reliably do 60 points of damage, as opposed to doing a random amount of damage that averages to 70. For example, 60 points is always massive damage (variants for massive damage based on size excepted), while 2 times 10d6 often isn't. And as has been observed before, increases in randomness tend to favor the underdog, which is usually the monsters.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
trentonjoe said:

Question 2:

If you extend an extended spell is it 3 times the duration or 4?

I already answered this question. It is 3x, remember how multiplication works in D&D. Also, see my post above about the mage armor spell.

Remove ads