• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Expect "seven or eight" Dungeons & Dragons games in the near future

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
That's a bit optimistic on the ratio, but you have a point.

What makes me think we should not expect much is the 'in the near future' bit. Short lead time + license generally equals a game that sucks so hard it can clean your carpet (and drapes if you have the DLC).

Yeah I agree, I'm extremely doubtful Tuque will make anything that's actually that good. And I may be in the minority here, but I won't buy a game just because it's got "D&D" slapped on it, it's got to do something better than the competition.

Baldur's Gate III seems like it will pull that off... but this Dark Alliance isn't going to hold up well against Diablo 3.

Anoth

Adventurer
Maybe they should get some advise from former employees like David Zeb Cook and Jeff Grubb that have experience in the industry and maybe a soft spot for the game that launched their careers. I like the video games they were a part of. Maybe they have some worth while advise.

It's highly doubtful any of those games will be good. When you've put out shovelware fairly reliably.....

D&D games are like TSR novels in the mid 90s. Give us money and slap a label on it.

If you want a good D&D game play an old one.

I agree. Dark Queen of Krynn 2as better than any game that came after it (with the exception of the fan-patched version of Temple of Elemental Evil)

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yeah I agree, I'm extremely doubtful Tuque will make anything that's actually that good. And I may be in the minority here, but I won't buy a game just because it's got "D&D" slapped on it, it's got to do something better than the competition.

Baldur's Gate III seems like it will pull that off... but this Dark Alliance isn't going to hold up well against Diablo 3.

We have no idea how the game will hold up against anything, really. All we know is the genre, the characters, the location, and the game engine. The ingredients may work, they may not. Too early to say.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
We have no idea how the game will hold up against anything, really. All we know is the genre, the characters, the location, and the game engine. The ingredients may work, they may not. Too early to say.
Yeah a bunch of pessimists here...

I tried to get engraved shuriken and they said the cool kids club had a patent on doing that
similarly the Katana with runes saying D&D DMs rock, was blocked by the "Ninjas can do anything you can't", and "Pirates are better" had a lockdown on the tattoos

Zardnaar

Legend
Yeah a bunch of pessimists here...

similarly the Katana with runes saying D&D DMs rock, was blocked by the "Ninjas can do anything you can't", and "Pirates are better" had a lockdown on the tattoos

Put it this way I wouldn't preorder it.

Might buy it though but I will wait for reviews.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads