• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(EPIC) Out of Character I

Creamsteak

Explorer
Janos Audron said:
cs, if you could answer the question aout Fox Cunning from a few posts up?
I did, as you can see, I asked for the source. They say Tome and Blood, but off hand I don't know what the spell does, and the books out of house right now.

Is it the 2nd level spell that boosts intelligence? I've got a peculiarity with that spell, as mental stat boosting by a spellcaster is in turn boosting bonus spells and whatever. It's fine to have, and cast with permanency, and then spend 5000 xp to wish for a +20 bonus (same kind as cloak of resistance for stacking purposes) to resist dispel for that permanency, but remember that if you triple empower it, it's going to cost 4000 xp to permanency... and bring your cost up to 9000 xp.

I'll review some characters later this week.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Fox's Cunning is the 2nd level that boosts INT.
But it just boost save DC's - none of the boost spells grant bonus spells.
It's listed in Fox's Cunning, Eagle's Splendor, and Owl's Wisdom descriptions.

Creamsteak

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
Fox's Cunning is the 2nd level that boosts INT.
But it just boost save DC's - none of the boost spells grant bonus spells.
It's listed in Fox's Cunning, Eagle's Splendor, and Owl's Wisdom descriptions.
Thanx reaper. That's more what I needed.

Janos Audron

Explorer
Well, CS, technically, since empowering a spell does not change the spell level, it's still gonna cost 1k xp...

And second, I thought that every Int bonus that lasted more than 24 hours gave you extra spells...?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Janos Audron said:
Well, CS, technically, since empowering a spell does not change the spell level, it's still gonna cost 1k xp...

And second, I thought that every Int bonus that lasted more than 24 hours gave you extra spells...?
He stated that it's in the spell's text. Also, the 4k note was specifically coming from me, not the rules. Your spell is using an 8th level slot, and that's what matters to me, not what 'spell level' it acts as for saving throws and such.

buzzard

First Post
No, I believe the nurse kicked out the life support system plug some time ago.

Maybe we can find a necromancer and attain undead status.

buzzard

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads