• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

EoM game discussion! (Was: EoM game recruitment!)

MerakSpielman

First Post
ack! When they rearranged the forum, my "email notification" got disabled. I didn't realize anybody else had posted to the thread. My fault for not checking manually.

The game thread will start up tonight when I get home. I'll post a link to it here.

Thanks for your patience!

MerakSpielman

First Post
The thread is open HERE!

We'll wait for everybody to post there to make sure everybody has noticed it at least once.

Roll your own dice. I will post stats of opponents. You should be able to figure out what your own spells do by yourself (unless it's a clever puzzle-defeating spell, in which case I have to judge.

If we're liking the game near the end, I'll tweak the plot to allow us to keep playing.

See you there!

rangerjohn

Explorer
Krug's damage

Don't forget that str bonus to damage is times 1.5 with a two handed weapon like the great axe. That works out to +6 at 18 str and +9 at 22.

Victim

First Post
Actually, since I was trying to goad the goblin into action, I figured it would be more of a bluff check. Either way, my intended result will be pretty much negated because the goblin's ring invalidates my argument

Also, the Teleport spell list has the following target line:

"Medium size or smaller creature or object + 50 lbs. per level"

Does that mean that the boulder would be a valid target for a Teleport?

MerakSpielman

First Post
The boulder could be a target if you were high enough level, but I think a 10-foot diameter sphere of stone just might weigh more than a few hundred pounds.

Victim

First Post
Err, according to Table 1-2 on page 7, spell costs are as follows:

0: 0 or 1 if all the free cantrips have been used
1: 1
2: 3
3: 5
4: 7
5: 9
etc.

Can Kera do something a bit different on her turn, since it might be a good idea to respond to her attacker?

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
Hm. I'm at work, and can't check the book, but I could have sworn a cantrip was either free or cost 1mp, and a 1st level spell cost 2mp.

You can do something different, no problem. Just post it.

Last edited:

MerakSpielman

First Post
You're right. 1mp for a 1st level spell. I don't know where I got 2 from.

Does anybody else think PW: Exhaustion is a bit overpowered for a 1st level spell? Especially with no save? I mean, the PHB second level buff spells only give a 2-5 point bonus to a single ability, for a shorter time. This is a first level spell that penalizes two attributes of potentially many creatures with no random variables and no saving throw.

That brings up another issue. Do you thing the EoM rules are trying to produce spells that are equivelent in power to the PHB spells of the same level? If so, did they largely succeed? If not, was the difference in power (in whatever direction) the right way to go?

Let's think about these questions as the game progresses, but feel free to post your thoughts at any time (of course).

Last edited:

Remove ads