Elemental Energy Weapon Enhancements

kreynolds

First Post
So, you got 5 types; fire, cold, lightning, acid, and sonic. Anyone ever notice how much more powerful sonic is? Hardly anything is immune or has resistance to it, not to mention the fact that it's the only energy that objects take full damage from, but it costs just the same as the other ones. This bother anyone else out there, even if just a little bit?

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
A) Nothing takes double damage from Sonic, B) Sonic doesn't combat regeneration, C) The MM2 is going to have a lot of Sonic resistant or immune critters.

Crothian

First Post
Only if my PCs specifically meta game to get it. Since it's not in the core rules, I don't think you'll see it nearly as often. I've yet to hear of anyone who has it on a weapon. In the core rules, you only have thundering, and that at least has a coolness factor of not being pure (boring) damage like the rest of them.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
Only if my PCs specifically meta game to get it. Since it's not in the core rules, I don't think you'll see it nearly as often. I've yet to hear of anyone who has it on a weapon. In the core rules, you only have thundering, and that at least has a coolness factor of not being pure (boring) damage like the rest of them.

So where did screaming come from? I have it in one of my word docs where I gather all the weapon enhancements into one place, but I didn't notate where each enhancement came from.

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
kreynolds said:

So where did screaming come from? I have it in one of my word docs where I gather all the weapon enhancements into one place, but I didn't notate where each enhancement came from.

Magic of Faerun. Same place Corrosion is.

kreynolds

First Post
Xarlen said:
Magic of Faerun. Same place Corrosion is.

Yup. I was at Starbucks after work with a buddy of mine, talkin' about a few magic items in Magic of Faerun, notably the Cloak of Battle, Bracers of Striking, and the Ring of Spellbattle, all of which are pretty damn spiffy items. It amazes the hell outta me actually. I bought the damn book the first week it came out and I never noticed them in there. :)

Anyways, that's when I saw the screaming enhancement. Forgive the rambling. I had a Venti Ice Mocha, so I'm just a little fired up, IYKWIM. ;)

Last edited:

Xarlen

First Post
Don't forget the chain that lets you take items with you to wear in wildshape!

Need that handy dandy Periapht? Tada.

kreynolds

First Post
Xarlen said:
Don't forget the chain that lets you take items with you to wear in wildshape!

I frickin' hate playing druids. It's like taking all of the pain in the arse aspects of a wizard and a psionisist and mashing them together in one package. They're just too damn weird. Love 'em as players and NPCs though.

Crothian

First Post
kreynolds said:

I frickin' hate playing druids. It's like taking all of the pain in the arse aspects of a wizard and a psionisist and mashing them together in one package. They're just too damn weird. Love 'em as players and NPCs though.

You are oviously missing the only reason to play them: So other people can constantly say "that's funny, she doesn't look Druish.":D

Remove ads