• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Darth Maul in D&D

I am looking to build a recurring vilian for my pc's that will emulate Darth Maul in a 3.5e Greyhawk setting. How would you build & stat this guy out?

I envision him being a Ranger/Soulknife, but I would like other opinions.

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but since I don't have any search capability, this will have to do. If there is a thread on this subject, pleast post it so I can take a look.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Here is my suggestion:

Ranger 6/Mind Blade 5

At 5th level the mind blade gains access to the shape mind blade class feature. In Complete Psionic there is a feat called Two Bladed Mind Blade. The chararter would have to have this feat in orger to emulate the dual-lightasber attack.

Also, humans should be the rangers favored enemy w/+4 at 5th level, and gains the benefit of improved combat style at 6th.

Here are his ability scores as presented in Power of the Darkside: Str 17, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 12.

It occurs to me that a dnd version of him would most likely be a half-fiend human.

Last edited:

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
I was actually thinking of Githzerai (Psionic version) to take some Psionic feats to simulate Maul's use of the Force. Max out things like Tumble, Jump, Balance. That's my take.

szilard

First Post
Tiefling Warblade... with a brilliant energy two-bladed sword. Focus on Iron Heart, flavored with some Tiger's Claw and Diamond Mind.

-Stuart

Asmor

First Post
Oh, come on. It's obvious that he should be a HALFling!

Get it? Because... at the end of phantom...

never mind. I lose. :(

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
How would you guys do this without psionics/Bo9S? I like the Tiefling angle and I'm thinking this would be a fun creepy NPC to use, but I don't know which way to go.

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
How would you guys do this without psionics/Bo9S? I like the Tiefling angle and I'm thinking this would be a fun creepy NPC to use, but I don't know which way to go.

If I were to use core rules only...

Multi-class Sorcerer/Monk (fudge the monk multiclassing thing in this case)...or even gestalt. Brilliant energy (both ends) quarterstaff. Use the sorcerer spell slots to put in as many "Force" oriented tricks as possible, like jump, telekinesis, haste, cat's grace, basically any spell that looks reasonably close to what he does in The Phantom Menace.

Remove ads