BURNED CIRCLE - City/Character Creation Thread (DFRPG)

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, thanks. It's funny...I was having the same thought about Red Court vampires...except for some reason I thought it was their blood that was narcotic. Wiggy. Still, saliva is even more plausible since you don't have to kill to extract it.

That'll be an easy one to bring my character in on. :)

New story is still kicking around in my head, but its titled "Altar Ego." More soon!

Thanee

First Post
Guardian is good, probably better, you're right. Also, you might want to rename the "Gatekeeper" for the location, as that's a specific character in the Dresden novels. I meant to point that out before, but somehow forgot.

I have changed Gatekeeper into Watcher now.

Since he is a mortal, that makes more sense, anyways. :)

He probably cannot fight off much of the threats that might come through there by himself, anyways.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Echoes of the Beast has a beast trapping or +1 in a special circumstance to an existing trapping. Any idea what you want that to be?

As for Beast Trappings, how about adding a trapping to Alertness, that allows her to identify/recognize people by their smell alone.

Beast Senses would apply to hearing and smell.

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
Here's the beginning of my first adventure.

[SBLOCK=WINTER TRAILS]Despite her parents multiple warnings (or maybe because of them), Keira had to see what is on the other side, what this Nevernever they told her so much about is like. Venturing through the gateway, the young shapeshifter finds herself in a strange place, a winter wonderland, where she is chasing ghostly sounds and strange lights. But the faeries play a dangerous game with her, and soon she finds herself confronted by a more tangible threat.[/SBLOCK]

Now, I am a little unsure, whether this should be left deliberately open like it is now (and continued in the other character's background), or if more details are better.

Bye
Thanee

ThirdWizard

First Post
As for Beast Trappings, how about adding a trapping to Alertness, that allows her to identify/recognize people by their smell alone.

That sounds good.

For me, the idea is (probably quite obvious from the parts I have written down so far), that she will have her first big adventure by going through that gateway into the Nevernever (against the will of her parents, of course; not that they expect anything else, though). I am not entirely sure how everything looks like there on the other side and what will happen there.

I've been thinking about the Nevernever realm on the other side. Tell me if you like it, or what you would change.

The Nevernever is constantly shifting, but there are Ways that remain more constant. The area beyond the portal is always a forest, but its physical properties shift from time to time. The weather is also always shifting. Sometimes it snows, or sleets, or rains a cold harsh rain. Sometimes it is clear of precipitation, but in those times it is full of fog. Often a blanket of snow lays across the land.

Also changing is a blanket that affects the minds of mortals who enter the area. It is a subtle effect that gives those travelling here a slight mental push toward the negative. You might be more paranoid, doubtful, or uncertain. There is no way to predict which emotion will be spread across the land at any particular time. You might enter one day to find it snowing and feel like every step leads you in the wrong direction. Another day you could enter to find snow across the ground and a deep fog spread through the forest, with the surety that something is watching you from the tree tops.

This has the unfortunate consequence of attracting fetches to the area when a mortal comes through the portal. They feed on fear, and the emotions that plague mortals here often lead to fearfulness, especially when a fetch can get a hold of them. They toy with those who wander in, scaring them and feeding on the fear. When the fear is overwhelming, they finish off their prey in a gruesome display of ravenousness.

There are other things in the woods: animals with human-like intelligence, a few goblins, pixies and sylphs, the occasional ex-changelings who have recently chosen to join faerie, roaming packs of malks, and other faerie associated with Winter. The sidhe also make outpost in the forest, but seeking them out is a dangerous prospect. They are the most dangerous of the faerie to meet.

P.S. And as a heads-up, I will be on vacation for about two weeks (starting next week). I will have internet access during the travels, though, at least during the evening hours, so I should be able to continue here.

Thanks for telling me. Have fun on your vacation!

Thanee

First Post
That sounds great. Thank you! :)

Really helpful, especially since I havn't read many of the books, yet.

I guess the next books I will likely read during my vacation (book 3 and 4) will give me a better understanding of the faeries in the Dresdenverse and the Nevernever.

Bye
Thanee

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm going to bow out of this game, my schedule is not consistent enough, and I'll probably just slow down the group.

Good luck! I'll be lurking if you absolutely, positively need someone to jump in.

GM

ThirdWizard

First Post
Keep it coming guys, just a little more and we'll have the characters made. :)

I've added a page to the wiki that should give a lot more information on the city and its inhabitants, as well as various groups and what they're up to.

Remove ads