• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bard is spoiled!

Mengu

First Post
Concept of a laser bard will take some getting used to. But I like what I see. Nothing seems over the top so far. I'm thinking half-elf bards who dabble in a bit of Warlock and Wizard, or maybe some Swordmage will be popular.

WalterKovacs

First Post
It seems like a mix of 2nd and 3rd, it has some of the leadership aspects of the 3e bard, with the "mini wizard" aspect of the 2e bard thrown in.

Also, the laser/ranged bard doesn't have to go with a wand ... there are a couple "other" implement types [singing sword and instruments] which fit better with the bard using his voice/music to make his magic ... although it could be easy to roleplay the wand as a conductor's baton, directing magical effects like an orchestra.

WalterKovacs

First Post
I have a subscription... I just hate navigating their site. :blush:

Ampersand: Welcome to the Inside

-------------------

The wording for the multiclass thing is a bit vague, but they can take multiclass feats from several classes ... I'm not sure if that would also apply to pseudo-MC feats like Spellscarred or the weapon mastery stuff for the gladiator. Wizard and Warlock are definitely the big ones, with adding encounter powers and all using the same implement ...

Last edited:

Remove ads