Argh! Where's "character wealth " ?

AuraSeer

Prismatic Programmer
Can someone point me toward the character wealth section in the DMG? (Or the SRD, even?) The last couple pages of my book fell victim to a spillage accident, so I've got no index, and I haven't been able to find the right section manually. (My kingdom for a grep function!)

Specifically, I've got a party of eleventh- and twelfth-level PCs, and I want to know how much wealth they should have. It seems like Nightfang Spire yielded an unreasonably large amount of treasure, and I want to know whether some of it should be nerfed.

kreynolds

First Post
AuraSeer said:
Can someone point me toward the character wealth section in the DMG? (Or the SRD, even?) The last couple pages of my book fell victim to a spillage accident, so I've got no index, and I haven't been able to find the right section manually. (My kingdom for a grep function!)

Specifically, I've got a party of eleventh- and twelfth-level PCs, and I want to know how much wealth they should have. It seems like Nightfang Spire yielded an unreasonably large amount of treasure, and I want to know whether some of it should be nerfed.

Oh, don't worry about it. Apparently, character wealth limits are just this abstract concept that doesn't actually apply to the game, or so I'm being told. ;)

Last edited:

S

shurai

The page is, in fact, the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. Which is to say, 42.

So long, and thanks for all the natural 20s. :]

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Re: Re: Argh! Where's "character wealth " ?

kreynolds said:

Oh, don't worry about it. Apparently, character wealth limits are just this abstract concept that doesn't actually apply to the game, or so I'm being told. ;)

On a more serious note, the guidelines are pretty useful when guestimating what kind of CR to throw at a party.

Remove ads