Pathfinder 1E Are people still playing Pathfinder 1e?

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Are folks still playing Pathfinder 1e? Because I just came into a LOT of Pathfinder 1e stuff last night (rulebooks, pawn collections, flip mats, APs, etc). Is there a good online community for PF1e players other than this forum?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The Paizo boards are tumbleweed these days (unless you want to talk PF2), but the discord is quite active. (I'd link it but my work PC doesnt allow me on discord). I see quite a bit of ads for both PF1 and PF2. I think Pathfinder society play also still does PF1 games but I'm not sure. (been out of PFS for 10 years.)

Retreater

Legend
Based on the most recent reports on Roll20, PF1 is perhaps even more popular than PF2. I'm sure if you look online, you can still find VTTs playing PF1.
As far as where the chatting is, try social media places. I'm sure there are groups on Discord or FB.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Sweet! I'm about to start playing PF2, but I couldn't pass up this pile of books for what was essentially blow out pricing (my friend is moving and was getting tired of lugging around boxes of games she hasn't played for awhile).

JThursby

Adventurer
Sweet! I'm about to start playing PF2, but I couldn't pass up this pile of books for what was essentially blow out pricing (my friend is moving and was getting tired of lugging around boxes of games she hasn't played for awhile).
If nothing else they make good shelf items. The art in them has always been on the strong side, and as books they're still quite readable. I still pull out my 1e Gamemastery Guide sometimes because it has lots of general advice running games that the 2e version has none of for instance.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
If nothing else they make good shelf items. The art in them has always been on the strong side, and as books they're still quite readable. I still pull out my 1e Gamemastery Guide sometimes because it has lots of general advice running games that the 2e version has none of for instance.

I might sell the rulebooks, but I've decided to keep the APs and Freeport. I can use those with Swords & Wizardry after a little conversion work.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I might sell the rulebooks, but I've decided to keep the APs and Freeport. I can use those with Swords & Wizardry after a little conversion work.
Thats perfect. The rules are mostly online and probably will be for a long time. The adventures though are worth keeping, IMO.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
My original intention was just to hang on to the adventure paths, Freeport, and the pawn collections - but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of actually running this stuff as intended. And it sounds like players are out there. Hmm.

Remove ads