• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Additional (maybe changeable) cantrips?

Selganor

Adventurer
After lots and lots of new material I am at a loss how to actually use all the new cantrips there.

Multiclassing gets you only so far (and after 2 other classes your general use of magic probably declines)
Spell Scrolls are costly (10 gp for a single use of a cantrip will add up fast)

The only thing in O5E that comes somewhat close is the all-purpose tool that lets you use a cantrip for the next 8 hours and recharges on a long rest (Sonic Screwdriver FTW)

Has there been anything like it (or something similar) in A5E and I just missed it?
Any other ideas how to get more cantrips?

Selganor

Adventurer
I'll have to discuss this with my GM if I could just infuse one of my other (not chosen) cantrips into a generic cantrip wand as one of my infusions.

Proabably argueing that you won't need a different infusion for every type of +1 armor (maybe one per rarity due to the different costs) so I'd probably have a scroll of a cantrip that I'd like to put into a cantrip "wand" (or rather concoction for my alchemist) ready to be able to copy the effect but (like other infusions) the material won't be consumed.

Last edited:

Remove ads