• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Paid Trip to Spellhold [D&D 4e]

CaBaNa

First Post
Thurinar Looses an arrow, and as soon as it embeds into the foremost Shadowthief it begins flashing bright strobing light.

[sblock=OOC]

Standard Flickering Arrow on S6, 18 vs AC, if hits 15 damage and S6 can't benefit from cover, concealment, or total concealment, and enemis take a -2 penalty to attack rolls while within 5 of S6

[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Thurinar's arrow burries into the man painfully. Yet he manages to avoid Cliff's righteous slash, but is not so lucky with the Githzerai. The druid-manticore Taran misses again with his spike volley.
Rudin and Daven drop the last thief, now only stands the boss...
He quickly takes an object out of his belt, and utters a few words. A wave of black magic is expelled from the small object. After this, the small thing collapses into sand.
Thurinar, Cliff, Rudin and Izera are caught by the magical explosion and feel necrotic energies infiltrating their senses. Suddenly everything turns black to them, speacially to Rudin: The dwarven warrior falls to the ground, lifeless. Cliff also falls, but he is alive at the moment. Izera also sees her strength failing her.
The man grins at the change of tides.

[sblock=Initiatives, actions and status: Still I don't have Theroc's actions]

*ST 6: 9 (-57, bloodied.)
>Thurinar 16 (-15, Blind)
>Taran 14 ()
>Rudin 13 (-4, -5, -10, -11,-15, Dead)
>Daven 13 ()
>Cliff 10 (At -4, Blind, dying)
>Izera 10 (At 0 Blind, unconscious)
>Issia 9 ()
*Turret (Destroyed)
*ST 5: 7 (Dead)

*: Acted
>:Next

Traps and obstacles. You should thank Izera and Taran for their perception ;)

Barricade of Crates:
It takes a DC: 15 athletics or acrobatics to stand over the barricade, or you can attack the crates (automatic hit, HP:10) to bash them. If you destroy the crates, you can step normally in the spot, but it becomes difficult terrain.

Pits:
If you step on the false floor, you can fall into the pit. You can try the next countermeasures:
✦ An adjacent character can disable the trap with a DC 25
Thievery check (standard action). The floor becomes safe.
✦ A character who makes an Athletics check (DC 11, or DC
17 without a running start) can jump over the pit.
✦ A character can climb out with a DC 15 Athletics check.

Turret:
It will hit hard, and it's not easy to destroy: AC 16, other defenses 13;
hp 38. You can attemt to reach the leaver, which is next to S6 on the wall.

Current Actions:
ST6: Roll Lookup hits the four for 15 dmg plus blindness
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Keia

I aim to misbehave
OOC: If Izera would be missed if she engages Iron Mind as an Immediate Interrupt (increasing her defenses by 2), then she will do so.

[sblock=Iron Mind]

Iron Mind Githzerai Racial Power
Under the brunt of an attack, you use the power of your mind to fortify yourself against harm.
Encounter
Immediate Interrupt Personal
Trigger:
You are hit by an attack
Effect: You gain a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Issia saw the blast, somewhat, and immediately rushed into the room to see what had happened. Seeing her erstwhile allies horribly wounded, she immediately shifted to the offense once more, belching a blast of icy wrath in the 'boss' 's direction, while hoping to find a position from which she can use her full power on the man without harming friendlies.

[sblock=Actions]
Issia moves to F3 on the map then uses Dragonfrost on the bandit leader
1d20+8=23, 1d8+8=13 23 versus Fortitude for 13 damage and if it hits the leader will be pushed to B2(if I can choose which of the three squares away from Issia he moves to)[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Izera relies on the teaching of her people to strengthen up her body and mind, purging it from the vile energies.
Issia rushes into the room, and as she sees the lone standing foe, she hurls a sphere of ice towards him, sending him recoiling backwards.
[sblock=Initiatives, actions and status: Thurinar is up.]

*ST 6: 9 (-70, bloodied.)
>Thurinar 16 (-15, Blind)
>Taran 14 ()
>Rudin 13 (-4, -5, -10, -11,-15, Dead)
>Daven 13 ()
>Cliff 10 (At -4, Blind, dying)
>Izera 10 (At 15)
>Issia 9 ()
*Turret (Destroyed)
*ST 5: 7 (Dead)

*: Acted
>:Next

Corrected Izera status, added Issia's attack.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Doh! Sorry Voda, screwed up my attack roll there. Subtract 4 from it. I added Issia's str modifier on the attack which I shouldn't do. Sorry about the confusion.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Taran

At last, the spike volley of Taran hits, embedding in his opponents flesh and hinders his movement.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: ? no map
Standard: Swarming Locusts (1d20+4=22, 1d8+4=5)
vs reflex blast targets up-left

Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of Taran's next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.

A hit at last. If it is not possible to target only the last enemy, change actions to move adjacent and use grasping claws (same roll)

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Taran
Perception: 21 Insight: 14 Low-Light Vision
AC 16 Fortitude 12 Reflex 14 Will 15
Hit Points: 26/31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9/9
At-Will Powers: Wild Shape, Swarming Locusts, Grasping Claws, Flame Seed
Encounter Powers: Elven Accuracy, Cull the Herd
Daily Powers: Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock][/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Izera moved into position to carry out her threat to the final slaver, regardless of the condition her of companions. This one needed to die, and she would be the instrument to carry out that judgment. With a mighty blow, the divine power behind Izera infused her strike, vengeance and need deep in her heart.

OOC: Minor Action: Oath of Emnity on S7; Move action: to move adjacent and flanking if possible against S7. Standard Action: Aspect of Might, my daily, on S7, 1d20+7=20, 1d20+7=17 +2 for flanking if available, for a total of 22 to hit. Damage if hit would be 3d12+8=24 24 points of damage, half if a miss.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads