• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A mean way to lure your PCs to adventure

Nifft

Penguin Herder
I knew that from fly fishing!

- - -

"Join us for a free lunch? We have lots of sand witches."

Cheers, -- N

Hook: "I need you to hunt down and retrieve the pelt of the wight wolf that is stalking the community"

PCs (several negative levels later): "We thought you said white wolf!"

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Hook: "I need you to hunt down and retrieve the pelt of the wight wolf that is stalking the community"

Wight Dragon is even more mean... if it retains the [Fire] subtype.

Cheers, -- N

robertliguori

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:

Eh. Wight refers specifically to a man; a wight wolf makes about as much sense as a zombie ghost.

Now a ghost ghost from the Even More Beyond, that makes sense.

StreamOfTheSky said:
Now I'm the one not getting the references, it seems. :)

In the Command & Conquer: Red Alert instruction booklet, along the bottom of the pages were strings of dots and dashes. It was a Morse Code signal calling for help after a military base found several of its soldiers killed, and their blood filled with formic acid, which is what ants hurt you with when they bite you. This then led to the bonus levels, in which you have to defend your base from a giant ant invasion.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads