• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Call to Arms (OOC) (Recruiting)

DDK

Banned
Banned
You're in Gorsend. Willip is roughly five days walk from Gorsend. The old man said that his neice's place was one day's travel (plus a half days travel off the main road) FROM GORSEND, not Willip.

So you've told everyone that he's asked about you going to Willip...

Doesn't matter. I'm just blowing off steam in this thread, I was like, "ARRGH!" when I read it but I'm over it now, don't let it get to you :)

I'm assuming that you're not roleplaying deviousness and just trying to fool the other players... if so, kudos! You fooled me too! :D

But I'm guessing you just missed it and I didn't make it obvious enough so let's just say it was either him being mishearing due to tiredness or messing up from forgetfulness :)

Grenier

First Post
Hey john, I didn't intend to shut down the whole niece errand thing. I was hoping you would clear up what you said and say it was only a day and a half walk from where we are. Anyway I spose it doesn't matter all that much.

Narrator

Banned
Banned
A note about nicks and posting

Umm... ok, lately it seems John, that you're posting a LOT in the wrong nick. Once or twice I can understand and am willing to let slide but really... lately it's almost every time...

I don't expect anything more of you than I expect of myself. I haven't 'slipped' once in the thread. Although I'll concede that I probably have less pressure than you do because you sometimes post at work and whatnot, there's a limit to my understanding.

As I see it, whenever a post is made in the wrong nick, it 'jars'. Now, admittedly that doesn't matter as much in a PBP where the suspension of disbelief is jerked left, right, up, down and any which way but loose, at the same time, it's still best to have an uninterrupted flow to the posts so that the imagination can be engaged and you can 'see' what's happening. That is why I originally required that people post only in thier character's nicks and why I asked that OOC be kept to an absolute minimum.

Since Manzanita and M'faro both only use those nicks to come here, they don't have the problem of changing nicks so this doesn't concern them. But for drs, johnsemlak and I, we have to logout and then login which can be a pain. I understand that which is why I'm not harping on EVERY transgression, but like I said, there's a limit.

If there is a way that I can make it easier for you, then by all means let me know and I'll try and help. I've already said you're welcome to change the Clete nick (btw, you might want to change the email so that it's your nick, not mine) WWW button to OOC, but perhaps you might want to consider bookmarking the following two links:

This one will, without fail and regardless of nick or location on the boards, log you out of your current nick and provide you with a login link. Logout: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/member.php?action=logout

After using the above one, use this one as it will force a login (if you're logged out) and once you log in, automatically takes you to a 'Reply to' for the Game Thread. Login/Post: http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=39107

These two links make it very easy to quickly logout, login and post with a minimum of fuss and searching. When you want to log back in with your normal posting nick, simply use the logout link again and instead of using the login/post link above, simply press on the link provided which will take you to the main index page where there is a login area at the bottom of the page.

johnsemlak

First Post
Grenier said:
Hey john, I didn't intend to shut down the whole niece errand thing. I was hoping you would clear up what you said and say it was only a day and a half walk from where we are. Anyway I spose it doesn't matter all that much.

No problem. I kinda decided I preferred the wilderness route myself anyway.

John

Graz Hober

Banned
Banned
johnsemlak said:
Sorry about my misposts. Thanks for the booksmarks. I do promise to be more careful.
That's ok. Just make sure you have five hundred lines in to me by tomorrow morning and that you go see DDK whacks with the paddle on the botty.

DDK

Banned
Banned
M'faro said:
I noticed you updated the campaign site. Good!
Heh, yeah, I have occassional bursts of motivation where I end up actually doing something every now and then :)

M'faro said:
BTW, I have a potion of CLW and it's not shown under ITEMS. :)
Yeah, I kinda lost track of all that :eek: I'll fix it ASAP.

M'faro said:
We'll have to find a REAL healer or wait 'till the disease passes...
Hehe, or wait till Garik reaches 3rd level...

You know, in retrospect, introducing a disease was NOT such a great idea. I mean, I'm all for authenticity and I felt it would open up some side-trek scenarios (the quack healer) but nobody saw through him (if you look back through the posts, you might be able to see the signs...) and I'm betting you're not going to chase him up so that was a waste of time, sigh.

You know... it's only a -4 penalty (yes, ok, it's to everything, but...) and you cna't Run but you could still feasibly leave the city... or say that you just want the days to pass uneventfully until the disease passes so as to speed up the game. It has been a little... slow, lately.

But then again, maybe it's just slow from my perspective and you're all enjoying how it's going right now... I don't know, I'm not a mind-reader :)

M'faro

First Post
DDK

It's true there's been less posts these days, but I guess it doesn't mean we're not enjoying the adventure (If I'm mistaken feel free to correct me my fellow players!)

As a DM I don't like to take the players by the nose. They're free to follow the hooks or not. Sometimes it's a little frustrating for the DM if things doesn't develop as the planned, but hey that's life, so don't worry if it seem we're going slowly.

Last edited:

Narrator

Banned
Banned
It looks as if my regular nick, DDK, has been banned due to me letting Piratecat know just how I felt about a particular post of mine he forced me to edit.

Apparently what you say in email counts as far as banning is concerned.

I have no idea whether or not this applies to all my nicks or if I am banned entirely from the forums so for now, the game is on hold until I can confirm things either way.

I'm guessing that I will be banned wholesale. I get 'special' attention, you see, and was always walking a tightrope whilst being here. I guess Pkitty doesn't like hearing the F-word in email :)

If that happens, then I'll consider continuing the game via a messageboard especially set up for it but only if everyone is willing to transfer.

Let me know via email (my previous email client went kaput so I've lost all your email addies which is why I'm posting here).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads