• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Voidrunner Introducing the Voidrunner’s Codex!

The Voidrunner’s Codex is a set of three sci-fi rulebooks for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition.

The Voidrunner’s Codex is coming this year. It’s a set of three sci-fi rulebooks for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition: the Voidrunner’s Codex itself, the Star Captain’s Manual, and an adventure called Escape from Death Planet. Over the coming weeks we’ll be talking a lot about these books, but in the meantime, here’s a glimpse at an early draft of the introduction chapter of the Voidrunner’s Codex.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.54.12.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.58.33.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 11.58.55.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.00.32.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.01.02.png

Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 12.03.03.png

I wonder if there will be detailed ship combat rules. If my poor memory serves, ENWorld Publishing did a sci-fi segment of W.O.I.N. that was reminiscent of the amazing FASA Starship Combat Simulator.

Distracted DM

Distracted DM
Supporter
I actually wasn't very interested in this book because I don't run much sci-fi, but the last page covering "what about science-fantasy" and "how much tech do you want with that" got me interested. I inject science fantasy into my DnD games with some regularity, so this would all be lovely stuff to source from!

Was there a lot more playtesting on this book as compared to the Planestrider's Journal? I'm just wondering if the Kickstarter release PDFs are going to be in a similar state as PSJ's, where there were some design issues that needed to be addressed once the community pointed them out.
I don't mind proofreading stuff like misspells etc. but if things are clearly wonky and we can't properly use certain archetypes/feats/etc without house-ruling... it's a bit difficult to make use of the material in that state.

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads