• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What games, currently, have your interest?

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Going a bit off topic here, but how does Lancer and Battletech compare?
Rules-wise im unfamiliar with lancer. Battletech is a 40 year old wargame that had some RPG bolt ons. On the surface BT has a closer to hard sci-fi setting and Lancer is more science fantasy. BT leaning more into the wargame roots, lancer leaning more into RPG side of things.

For example, my campaign has 8-10 players all making up their own company of battlemechs, vehicles, and troops. The play will mostly be wargame matches with units, with off the table roleplay and decisions to effect the planet currently being fought over.

Most folks just form units and have matches with no impact beyond what they are doing there and then. Im trying to elevate the BT RPG elements with my current group. BT also has a newer way to play called alpha Strike. This is an attempt to give BT a modern miniatures playstyle. I have heard it compared to X-wing minis game. I only play classic.

BT lore is deep and fascinating. I recommend Tex talks Battletech you tube videos if you want to know more.

Currently obsessed with building out a Blades in the Dark style game in Savage Worlds.

Running PF1 Wrath of the Righteous. When I decided to run this I had nostalgia goglgles on. I vastly prefer the SWADE Pathfinder game paradigm.

Potential games I’m looking into:
Dark Heresy/ Imperium Maledictum version of Masks of Nyarlathotep

Cohors or Acthung! Cthulhu. I’m just not sold on 2d20. My only experiences with it are a A!C one shot and the Fallout Playtest so I know I haven’t given it a fair shake. I love their IPs though and Savage Worlds would work for either one of those games (or GURPS).

Finally I’d light to run another Nights Black Agents style game. It was tons of fun. I ran it in GURPS and then SWADE last year and it was the best game I’ve run in years.

Remove ads